Posted to users@maven.apache.org by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/12/07 15:00:55 UTC

cannot build project because of metadata file

Hi,

a strange problem occurs on webapps project, I can't install a webapp
project, the metadata file for the parent artifact is not well formed. I get
the exception below:

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
xxx.parent for project: xx:webapp:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT for project
xx:webapp:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT

Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.RepositoryMetadataReadException:
Cannot read metadata from
'C:\maven\repository\com\xx.parent\1.0-SNAPSHOT\maven-metadata-dev.jav.xml':
end tag name </body> must match start tag name <hr> from line 7 (position:
TEXT seen ...</address>\n</body>... @9:8)
at
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.DefaultRepositoryMetadataManager.readMetadata(DefaultRepositoryMetadataManager.java:292)
at
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.DefaultRepositoryMetadataManager.loadMetadata(DefaultRepositoryMetadataManager.java:244)
at
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.DefaultRepositoryMetadataManager.mergeMetadata(DefaultRepositoryMetadataManager.java:166)
at
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.DefaultRepositoryMetadataManager.resolve(DefaultRepositoryMetadataManager.java:134)
... 24 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParserException: end tag
name </body> must match start tag name <hr> from line 7 (position: TEXT seen
...</address>\n</body>... @9:8)

however, jar project having the same parent works fine.

Re: cannot build project because of metadata file

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I deleted it, tried to corret the xml format, but, it's always generated.. I
> removed the repository from the pom and it works..

I didn't say "try to correct the xml format." I said "change the name
to html and see what is in the file via a browser.

I'm not surprised the dev.java.net repo is giving you troubles.

Wayne

Re: cannot build project because of metadata file

Posted by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr>.

I deleted it, tried to corret the xml format, but, it's always generated.. I
removed the repository from the pom and it works..

dont know the causes of the issue.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.