Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Roman, John D." <jd...@belcan.com> on 2014/05/02 15:41:16 UTC

tomcat 6 degugging with JULI

Greetings,
Im currently trying to debug an application in Tomcat 6.0.33.  mod_jk is being used as well.
statements like LOGGER.finest("Logging an INFO-level message");  should log to catalina.out, however they are not.

Am I missing something?

_____________________________________________________________ This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Re: tomcat 6 degugging with JULI

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Roman,

On 5/2/14, 10:37 AM, Roman, John D. wrote:
> sorry for the terse description. my logging.properties is visible
> here: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/98620/39904129

You know... the mailing list is capable of supporting pasted text.
Consider including your configuration i your post next time.

> the string java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = FINE has been
> changed to INFO

That seems counter-productive. If you want FINEST to be logged,
shouldn't you have changed FINE to FINEST instead of INFO?

- -chris

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.