Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2009/02/28 15:46:02 UTC

Re: svn commit: r748858 - in /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-javadoc-plugin/src: main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/javadoc/ site/apt/ site/apt/examples/

Hi Vincent,

> Author: vsiveton
> Date: Sat Feb 28 14:27:12 2009
> New Revision: 748858

> Log:
> MJAVADOC-225: The plugin should be able to generate a jar of the aggregated javadoc
>
> o created 2 goals
> o updated documentation
>
> Added:
>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-javadoc-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/javadoc/AggregatorJavadocJar.java   (with props)
>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-javadoc-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/javadoc/AggregatorTestJavadocJar.java   (with props)
> [...]
> + * @version $Id$
> + * @since 2.5.1
> + * @goal aggregate-jar
> + * @phase package
> + * @aggregator
> + */
> +public class AggregatorJavadocJar
> +    extends JavadocJar

IMHO, these two new goals and the other new "fix" goal provide
significant feature additions (not to mention the amount of underlying
code) that would warrant calling the next release version 2.6 instead of
2.5.1. WDYT?

Benjamin

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Vincent Siveton wrote:

> I already thought about it and I plan to bump it when doing the release.
> I could do it now if you think it is better. WDYT?

I'm not religious about the timing here, I was merely concerned about
the release version. So, updating the version during the release is fine
for me :-)

Benjamin

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benjamin,

2009/2/28 Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>:
> IMHO, these two new goals and the other new "fix" goal provide significant
> feature additions (not to mention the amount of underlying code) that would
> warrant calling the next release version 2.6 instead of 2.5.1. WDYT?

I already thought about it and I plan to bump it when doing the release.
I could do it now if you think it is better. WDYT?

Cheers,

Vincent