Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lino Lourenco <li...@db.com> on 2003/10/27 17:05:14 UTC

Problems reading build.properties under Windows 2000 with Maven

Hello,

I am a new user using Maven for our project behind a proxy server and am
having problems setting properties in the build.properites file - i.e.
under Windows they are not getting read.

I read the instructions on how to install Maven and am trying to set the
build properties. Having read the documentation and consulted the mailing
lists I tried the following:

build.properties file contents:
===============================
maven.proxy.host=IPaddress
maven.proxy.port=port
maven.proxy.username=username
maven.proxy.password=password

===============================

I copied this information in the following directories:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\.maven
C:\Documents and Settings\username.domain\
C:\Documents and Settings\username.domain\.maven\repository
C:\WINNT\Profiles\username
c:\winnt\profiles\username\personal
C:\daven (daven is the sample project I am using)

I have set %USER_HOME% and the following are the varius paths on my
system:

MAVEN_HOME=C:\maven-1.0-rc1
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\username.domain
USER_HOME=C:\Documents and Settings\username.domain
HOME=c:\winnt\profiles\username\personal
PATH=C:\maven-1.0-rc1\bin;%PATH%

I attempted to generate a project using the following CLI command from the
C:\daven directory:

maven java:compile -X -b

I also ran the following command: %MAVEN_HOME%\bin\install_repo.bat
%HOME%\.maven\repository
which copies the repository files to  %HOME%\.maven\repository
(c:\winnt\profiles\username\personal).

Despite many different attempts I could not the JARS to download. The only
time it worked was when I manually set the System properties:

maven -Dmaven.proxy.host=ipaddress -Dmaven.proxy.port=port
-Dmaven.proxy.username=username -Dmaven.proxy.password=password
java:compile -X -b

Additionally I added a driver.properties and project.properties files as
indicated in the documentation. Perhaps I am doing somthing obviously
wrong, but in case this is a Windows specific bug I have sent this to the
user mailing list.

I have tried searching the Archives and was not able to find an identical
issue, so I apologise in advance if I am wasting anyon's time with an
issue that has been previously aired.

-- Lino.