Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by jeff saremi <je...@hotmail.com> on 2017/02/28 20:37:26 UTC

Need guidance on getting detailed elapsed times in every stage of processing a request

I think we need to get detailed information from HBase RegionServer logs on how a request (read or write) is processed. Specifically speaking, i need to know of say 100 ms time spent in processing a write, how much of it was spent waiting for the HDFS?
What is the most efficient way of enabling this in log4j properties? Are there better mechanisms to get this information?

If I can get this in the log, then I can process the logs offline or in neartime and mount some dashboards on the top.

thanks

Jeff

Re: Need guidance on getting detailed elapsed times in every stage of processing a request

Posted by jeff saremi <je...@hotmail.com>.
thank you very much. this was much needed

________________________________
Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.