Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> on 2008/09/18 18:13:03 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduation

Hey guys,

I'm more and more of the opinion that Buildr is getting ready to graduate.
The project meets all the incubator requirements and guidelines and has been
hanging around here for long enough. There have been several releases (some
smoother than others ;) ), the community is growing steadily, no pending IP
issues and development is still pretty active.

So what do you say?

Matthieu

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Btw, One thing I'm still missing is a better process for accepting ideas
> and patches. Maybe my ideas were not good enough so far, but my feeling was
> that sometimes the discussion just died. A better roadmap is also required
> IMHO.

Agreed.  There's been email discussions about these things and I think we
should create wiki pages to summarize and update as needed.

alex

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com>.
FWIW, I've used buildr to build a product with 55 modules, and i'm
adding new ones.

Tests show that buildr is fast (faster than ant/maven for the modules i
have), robust and above all easy to understand, extend and maintain.

It has superb documentation (site, in code), a well thought api and the
integration with existing maven artifacts makes it easy to drop in and use.

So, from a user point of view, +1.

Ittay

Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com>

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>.
a late +1

-Shane

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.
Buildr is a huge improvement for build systems, it has to spread the world!
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by lacton <la...@users.sourceforge.net>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Sep 18, 2008, at 12:13 PM, Matthieu Riou wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm more and more of the opinion that Buildr is getting ready to
> graduate.
> The project meets all the incubator requirements and guidelines and
> has been
> hanging around here for long enough. There have been several
> releases (some
> smoother than others ;) ), the community is growing steadily, no
> pending IP
> issues and development is still pretty active.
>
> So what do you say?
>
> Matthieu

Buildr has been incubating for almost a year, and has seen
a couple of people added to the commit list. Ideally, I'd like to see
another committer added before graduation, but I also agree that
going TLP would help there as well.

+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm more and more of the opinion that Buildr is getting ready to graduate.
> The project meets all the incubator requirements and guidelines and has been
> hanging around here for long enough. There have been several releases (some
> smoother than others ;) ), the community is growing steadily, no pending IP
> issues and development is still pretty active.
>
> So what do you say?

+1

Assaf

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

Posted by Victor Hugo Borja <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Graduating will also attract more users and surely more contributors.

--
vic

Quaerendo invenietis.