Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by oceatoon <t....@systheo.com> on 2005/04/22 14:04:36 UTC

Authentication ??? Tomcat5 deploy

Hello everyone

I'm deploying our CooonApp in Tomcat5, I'm generalising the contextpath to
all our urls with the request:contextPath module And I'm faced with this
problem:

When going through Authentication, instead of sending me to the url I gave
him as parameter(in my case "login"), he sends me to login/ and adds the
slash??
Does anyone know what does this, and how to clearit ??

I managed to bypass this (dirty) by adding an optional slash in my "login"
pipeline, but the problem is when the authentication returns properly and
redirects me to the requested page it stays in the login/ context, meaning
I get:
 login/MyContinuation instead of simply MyContinuation.

(BTW,All this worked well with Jetty).

Any ideas are welcome coz I'm out of'em.

Thx
Rgds
Tibor

Re: Authentication ??? Tomcat5 deploy

Posted by oceatoon <t....@systheo.com>.

> oceatoon wrote:
>> When going through Authentication, instead of sending me to the url I
>> gave him as parameter(in my case "login"), he sends me to login/ and adds
>> the slash??
>> Does anyone know what does this, and how to clearit ??
>
> We had this nasty problem here, too. It seems to be a bug (or "feature")
> in Tomcat. The problem is that Tomcat automatically redirects requests
> for "/foo/bar" to "/foo/bar/" if a directory called "bar" exists in the
> webapp context (e.g. "~tomcat/webapps/foo/bar"). I have not yet found a
> way to turn this "feature" off.
Thanks for the answer , good to know I'm not alone.
The thing is I don't even have a "login" folder in my structure and he
redirects to /login/

> In our case we just renamed the directory to "login-x" and it worked :-)
I can't do this because we have differnet accesses from different folder it
would a big refactor to restructure just for this.
I managed to bypass the first call by adding an optional slash to my
pipeline match login(/)?
but the real problem for me is that once he logs he stays in this login/
context, and I have no way of avoiding this.

Thanks for the help

Posted by Joachim Breitsprecher <jb...@dserv.net>.
Hi oceatoon,

oceatoon wrote:
> When going through Authentication, instead of sending me to the url I gave
> him as parameter(in my case "login"), he sends me to login/ and adds the
> slash??
> Does anyone know what does this, and how to clearit ??

We had this nasty problem here, too. It seems to be a bug (or "feature")
in Tomcat. The problem is that Tomcat automatically redirects requests
for "/foo/bar" to "/foo/bar/" if a directory called "bar" exists in the
webapp context (e.g. "~tomcat/webapps/foo/bar"). I have not yet found a
way to turn this "feature" off.

In our case we just renamed the directory to "login-x" and it worked :-)

BTW: Jetty does not have this "feature". That's why everything worked
fine during development.

HTH,

Joachim