Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by sb0829 <su...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/02 14:03:00 UTC

Question on Querying Cache Data

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Apache Ignite.  I have done some basic examples by querying on
Ignited Hive.

Can I get suggestions for business use-cases by using Apache Ignite?

According to what I have understood, suppose i have data in cache, what
further things can be done using Apache Ignite?

By using different query engines we can get data from databases in quite
faster amount of time, then what  new things can be done after we put
unified data?

Can we send unified query through Apache Ignite?

Kindly suggest some use-cases, so that i can use Apache Ignite more
optimized way.

Thanks,
sb0829

Re: Question on Querying Cache Data

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

In general, Apache Ignite is both data and computational layer for your application. Treat it as a storage which is distributed and fault-tolerant and can make your overall solution much faster because the data is closer to CPUs (in RAM) and spread across multiple cluster nodes.

Having data in Ignite you can talk to it using traditional SQL language the same way and for the same purpose as with conventional RDBMS:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-grid <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-grid>

Moreover, you can execute computations closer do your data or process your data in real-time with compute and streaming grid:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/compute-grid <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/compute-grid>
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/streaming--cep <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/streaming--cep>

The upshot, is that you can use it for operational and analytical workloads and a kind of application is up to your imagination.

GridGain which is based on Apache Ignite shares some specific case studies here:
https://www.gridgain.com/customers/case-studies <https://www.gridgain.com/customers/case-studies>

—
Denis