Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Prakash Sridharan <PS...@selectica.com> on 2002/10/07 18:43:11 UTC

How to throw custom defined exceptions, warnings from xsl page?

Hi all,

In my project, I am doing the data validation in an xml through using xsl.
I want to throw some
custom defined exceptions and warnings from xsl page while rendering based
on the validations.
Can anybody help me in doing this?

Thank you,
Prakash

Re: How to throw custom defined exceptions, warnings from xsl page?

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
Hi Prakash,

Can you provide some more details about what you are trying to do?

Are you using standard xsl? In this case, what do you mean by "custom
defined exceptions"? Do you just mean generating your own error
messages? If this is the case, you can use <xsl:message> together with a
custom ErrorListener class.

Are you using some custom extension tags or functions, and want to
generate errors/exceptions from these? In this case, I can provide you
with some example code as I am doing this myself.

Cheers,

Simon