Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2008/12/13 17:23:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.6 based on RC1

This is a vote for releasing Commons Configuration 1.6.

A first release candidate was created, the artifacts (including release
notes and a clirr report) can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-1.6rc1/

The site for 1.6 is also available at

http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-1.6rc1/site/

The corresponding tag in svn is

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/configuration/tags/CONFIGURATION_1_6RC1/

Note: The distributions are still created using Maven 1 (mainly because
I know how to do it and have a working setup from the last releases).
The main jar however was built with Maven 2 to get all the manifest
entries provided by the commons parent pom.

Please cast your votes.
TIA
Oliver

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.6 based on RC1

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
This vote is canceled. A new RC will be created.

Oliver

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Ralph Goers schrieb:

> On Dec 14, 2008, at 1:10 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:
>
>> Luc Maisonobe schrieb:

>>> When building from source with maven 2, compilation, tests and site
>>> generation completed successfully. The problems I see are:
>>> - 1 checkstyle error (minor)
>>> - 17 bugs and 115 errors found by findbugs
>>>   (it is not enabled in the pom file, I added it when compiling
>>>    locally) at first glance, most of them seem easy to fix
>>> - lots of complaints from RAT report due to missing licence headers,
>>>   this may be due to generated files that do not require licence but
>>>   are not listed in the RAT plugin configuration (there is no specific
>>>   configuration in the pom)
>>> Would it be possible to fix some of the errors reported by findbugs and
>>> RAT before release ?
>>
>> Thanks for your feedback, Luc.
>>
>> I will have a look at the RAT and findbugs issues. Strange enough the
>> findbugs report generated by the Maven 1 build is clean, but maybe it
>> uses an old version of findbugs.
>>
>> Oliver
>>

> I see you fixed this. I checked in the changes to set system properties
> but I'm not sure what state the release is in.
>
> Ralph

That's okay. I still have to do some minor fixes and will then create a
new RC.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Oliver Heger a écrit :
> This is a vote for releasing Commons Configuration 1.6.
>
> A first release candidate was created, the artifacts (including release
> notes and a clirr report) can be found here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-1.6rc1/

When building from source with maven 2, compilation, tests and site
generation completed successfully. The problems I see are:
 - 1 checkstyle error (minor)
 - 17 bugs and 115 errors found by findbugs
   (it is not enabled in the pom file, I added it when compiling
    locally) at first glance, most of them seem easy to fix
 - lots of complaints from RAT report due to missing licence headers,
   this may be due to generated files that do not require licence but
   are not listed in the RAT plugin configuration (there is no specific
   configuration in the pom)

Would it be possible to fix some of the errors reported by findbugs and
RAT before release ?

Luc

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
On Dec 13, 2008, at 8:23 AM, Oliver Heger wrote:

> This is a vote for releasing Commons Configuration 1.6.
>
> Please cast your votes.

My only concern is that there are 7 Jira issues marked as 1.6.  We
should review these and figure out if they will be fixed and push them
to the correct release.

I ran the build on several platforms with no problems.

Here is my non-binding +1.

Ralph