Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br> on 2012/07/19 22:59:41 UTC

[functor] Generify ComparableComparator based on Commons-Collection ComparableComparator

Hi all,

In [functor], the class org.apache.commons.functor.core.comparator.ComparableComparator [1] is used by some functors and, as the name says, is a comparator of comparables. I was reviewing the raw types in [functor] tests when I stumbled across this class, and noticed it hasn't been "generified" yet, and that its javadoc says "See Commons-Collections for a public version of this class.".

The commons-collection ComparableComparator is already generified, so I thought about trying to generify [functor]'s ComparableComparator using this version as reference (and maybe update its javadoc as well).

Does it sound like a good idea? Any thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance!

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/functor/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/functor/core/comparator/ComparableComparator.java?view=markup
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/collections/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections/comparators/ComparableComparator.java?view=markup

Bruno P. Kinoshita
http://kinoshita.eti.br
http://tupilabs.com

Re: [functor] Generify ComparableComparator based on Commons-Collection ComparableComparator

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Thanks to you! :)

-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Bruno P. Kinoshita

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br>.
Olá Simo! :-)

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Olá Bruno!