Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "second_comet@yahoo.com" <se...@yahoo.com> on 2022/04/08 05:08:29 UTC

ACL for S3a and Google

Hello team,   Does anyone succesfully add ACL to hive through hadoop setfacl/getfacl command? I try below command on S3a and Google and get error

hadoop fs -getfacl -R gs://delta-hive-test
-> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GoogleHadoopFileSystem doesn't support getAclStatushadoop fs -getfacl -R s3a://udptesting1-> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: S3AFileSystem doesn't support getAclStatus
Can help to advice? I able to configured hive to use LDAP and would like to grant ACL for path gs://..  and s3a:// ..  I can't find much documentation on this. Does the ACL only work for data is stored in hadoop filesystem ?

Thank you,Teoh