Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Ken <ke...@googlemail.com> on 2008/05/02 13:40:37 UTC

escaped character

hi,

i'm using Commons Configuration for properties files.
a line in my file is "ps = /"
after and saved, it change to "ps = \/",

Is there a way to keep it for "ps = /"

Thanks
Ken

Re: escaped character

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Ken schrieb:
> hi Oliver!
>
> thanks for your response.
>
> i created a simple project in eclipse, but it doesn't work
> here's my environment:
>
> JDK:java version "1.5.0_11"
> OS: Microsoft WindowsXP Professional
> Eclipse: Eclipse 3.3
>
> there are the jars in my project:
> Commons Configuration 1.5
> commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
> commons-lang-2.4.jar
> commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
> the content of config.properties :
>
> ------start----------------
> #config.properties
> ps = /
> ------end------------------

After some investigation I think I have discovered the source of the
problem: you have hit a bug in Commons Lang [1] that was introduced with
the 2.4 release. I still use version 2.3, that's why I cannot reproduce
the behavior you see.

Said bug has already been fixed. I don't know whether a bugfix release
is planned. Until then I don't know, which is your best option. If you
do not need special features of Lang 2.4, you can try downgrading to 2.3.

Oliver

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-421

Re: escaped character

Posted by Ken <ke...@googlemail.com>.