Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> on 2006/08/01 01:02:56 UTC

Placing war resources

According to the war-plugin documentation [1], I should be able to
control where webapp resources are copied to using the targetPath element:

   <plugin>
     <version>2.0</version>
     <configuration>
       <webResources>
         <resource>
           <filtering>true</filtering>
           <directory>src/main/conf</directory>
           <targetPath>WEB-INF/conf</targetPath>
         </resource>
       </webResources>
     </configuration>
   </plugin>

but targetPath seems to be ignored; the resources end up in the webapp
root, not under WEB-INF. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
I'm guessing I can work around it by moving everything from
src/main/conf to src/main/conf/WEB-INF/conf, but I'd rather avoid the
redundant paths...

Thanks,

L.

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/adding-filtering-webresources.html

Re: Placing war resources

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Ah, that would explain it... OK, I'll give that a try.

Thanks,

L.

Re: Placing war resources

Posted by Pete Marvin King <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

the targetPath configuration for webResources is only available in maven
war plugin 2.1-SNAPSHOT.
you need to use the latest from the trunk to avail of this feature.

> svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-war-plugin
> cd maven-war-plugin
> mvn install