Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sylvain Laurent <sy...@telkel.com> on 2000/05/08 21:12:11 UTC

how is WEB-INF/lib working ?

Hi !

I added a .jar in WEB-INF/lib, but Tomcat seems to have some trouble with
it.

With Tomcat 3.1 release, I get a MalformedURLException (there are spaces in
the filepath to the archive)
If I add this .jar to the CLASSPATH of Tomcat, no problem

With the last nightly build of Tomcat, I have a ClassNotFound Exception,
which also disappears when adding the .jar to the CLASSPATH.

Is there a special thing to do to tell Tomcat to automatically add every
.jar in WEB-INF/lib (which would be normal) to its classpath ? I haven't
seen anything in the web.xml provided.

Thanks for your help

Sylvain