Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Satya Marivada <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/02 19:10:30 UTC

solr-6.3.0 error port is running already

Hi,

I am getting the below exception all of a sudden with solr-6.3.0.
"null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: A previous ephemeral live node
still exists. Solr cannot continue. Please ensure that no other Solr
process using the same port is running already."

We are using external zookeeper and have restarted solr many times. There
is no solr running on those ports already. Any suggestions. Looks like a
bug. Had started using jmx option and then started getting it. Turned jmx
off, still getting the same issue.

We are in crunch of time, any workaround to get it started would be
helpful. Not sure where solr is seeing that port, when everything is
started clean.

Thanks,
Satya

Re: solr-6.3.0 error port is running already

Posted by Satya Marivada <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rick and Erick,

Thanks for responding. I made sure that there is no other process running
on that port.

Also when this happened, the admin page had all the nodes as live nodes
though some of them are down. So I went ahead and emptied the zookeeper
data directory where all the configuration is stored in version-2 folder. I
then had to upload the configuration again and placed my index fresh in the
solr.

It then came up fine. I was playing with JMX parameters to be passed to jvm
before this started to happen. Not sure if this got to do something with it.

Thanks,
Satya

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Satya

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Well, if an ephemeral node exists, restarting your Zookeeper ensemble
will delete it. Not sure what the precursor here is.

Are you absolutely and totally sure you don't have a solr process
still running on the node you try and start the shows this error? 'ps
aux | grep solr' will show you all of the running Solr instances on a
machine.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Satya Marivada <sa...@gmail.com>.