Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sergiy Barlabanov <co...@sergiy-barlabanov.de> on 2011/07/14 16:41:05 UTC

Problem with SCRIPT Tag in Ajax-Response in Wicket 1.5 RC5.1

Hi,
if a JavaScript script tag is added to AjaxRequestTarget (via
JavaScriptUtils.writeJavaScript), it is not evaluated on Chrome browser.
While debugging through wicket-ajax.js, it turns out, that
replaceOuterHtmlSafari function is not called for Chrome, but the Gecko
version gets executed instead (fall to "} else /* GECKO */ {" in
Wicket.replaceOuterHtml). And the Gecko version does not do any special
handling of SCRIPT tag, since Firefox does execute SCRIPT nodes added to the
DOM.
This behavior occurs since we upgraded from 1.5-RC4.2 to 1.5-RC5.1.
Seems like a bug, isn't it?

Chrome Version, which I used for testing is 12.0.742.112

Best regards,
Sergiy

Re: Problem with SCRIPT Tag in Ajax-Response in Wicket 1.5 RC5.1

Posted by Sergiy Barlabanov <co...@sergiy-barlabanov.de>.
Done:

Re: Problem with SCRIPT Tag in Ajax-Response in Wicket 1.5 RC5.1

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Yes, this has been changed recently.
Chrome behaves like Firefox (Gecko) in many other respects but
apparently it fails here ...
Please file a ticket with a quickstart.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Sergiy Barlabanov
<co...@sergiy-barlabanov.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> if a JavaScript script tag is added to AjaxRequestTarget (via
> JavaScriptUtils.writeJavaScript), it is not evaluated on Chrome browser.
> While debugging through wicket-ajax.js, it turns out, that
> replaceOuterHtmlSafari function is not called for Chrome, but the Gecko
> version gets executed instead (fall to "} else /* GECKO */ {" in
> Wicket.replaceOuterHtml). And the Gecko version does not do any special
> handling of SCRIPT tag, since Firefox does execute SCRIPT nodes added to the
> DOM.
> This behavior occurs since we upgraded from 1.5-RC4.2 to 1.5-RC5.1.
> Seems like a bug, isn't it?
>
> Chrome Version, which I used for testing is 12.0.742.112
>
> Best regards,
> Sergiy

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend