Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Palani, MuthuKumar A" <Mu...@firstdata.com> on 2015/06/04 11:05:28 UTC

Hiveserver2 stops logging

Hi Folks,

We are experiencing an issue with Hive that we have not  been able to solve for few weeks.

Hiveserver2 stops logging  with no error messages in the log but continues to process normally but after few hours or a day,  hive crashes.

When I restart hive, processing is normal and it starts logging again but after some time( few hours or a day)  the issue of logging stopping and eventually hive crashing repeats.

Please advise if you have similar experience or any ideas in general. Much appreciated.

Thanks,
MuthuKumar

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify First Data immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.

RE: Hiveserver2 stops logging

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@peridale.co.uk>.
Do you have any issue with hive metastore? Where is the metastore situated? Hive will crash if connections to metastore are lost or there is a network issue!

Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Author of the books "A Practitioner’s Guide to Upgrading to Sybase ASE 15", ISBN 978-0-9563693-0-7.

co-author "Sybase Transact SQL Guidelines Best Practices", ISBN 978-0-9759693-0-4

Publications due shortly:

Creating in-memory Data Grid for Trading Systems with Oracle TimesTen and Coherence Cache

Oracle and Sybase, Concepts and Contrasts, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-1-4, volume one out shortly

Posted by "Palani, MuthuKumar A" <Mu...@firstdata.com>.
Hi,

--
Hope It Helps,