Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2003/09/15 18:27:44 UTC

RE: Specifying startup port on the command line?

Howdy,
Replace port="x" with port="y" via perl/sed/awk/whatever.  I wouldn't
count on 8080/8443 always being present/always being the default values.
In fact, I wouldn't do what you're doing anyways, but I imagine you have
good reason for it.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

RE: Specifying startup port on the command line?

Posted by Dana Bourgeois <em...@netgods.us>.
I would rewrite catalina.sh to read arguments from the command line and use
them otherwise use some defaults.  The Oreilly book "Learning the bash
shell" has a great example for this using getopt to do exactly this.

Dana Bourgeois