Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/01 02:01:04 UTC

MR2 submit job help

Hi Users,

Please help me with some documentation on how to submit job in YARN and
upload files in HDFS. Can I still use the MR1 commands for file uploading
to hadoop fs -put and hadoop jar job.jar input ouput? Because I ran with
errors saying file cannot be uploaded as file cannot found. The directory
structure is same .

MR2 Directory structure/same as MR1
hadoop/bin/~all hadoop files including hadoop excecutable
hadoop/ file.txt, job.jar etc
hadoop/etc/hadoop/ ~all site files and properties

I cd to hadoop and then I am executing bin/hadoop fs -put file file
It says file cannot be found but I was able to run without error in MR1

Thanks
shashidhar

Re: MR2 submit job help

Posted by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com>.
Shahab Yunus,

You are right , thanks so much for your help , now I am able to see the
file with
bin/hadoop fs -ls /

Thanks
Shashidhar

Re: MR2 submit job help

Posted by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com>.
Shahab Yunus,

Re: MR2 submit job help

Posted by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com>.
Shahab Yunus,

Re: MR2 submit job help

Posted by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com>.
Shahab Yunus,

Re: MR2 submit job help

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Shashidhar,

<ra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Rahul, worked a bit but not fully
>
> Now when I run
> bin/hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample3.txt
>
> The warning still comes
> 13/06/01 22:43:31 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
> library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
>
> But, `sample.txt': No such file or directory error which came earlier do
> not came.
>
> Now when I run ,bin/hadoop hdfs -ls
>
> Error: Could not find or load main class hdfs
>
> I have exported the export HADOOP_HDFS_HOME=${HADOOP_HOME} where
> HADOOP_HOME is the root dir and  in this dir I have all the hdfs*.jars and
> also the bin dir is inside HADOOP_HOME .
>
> Anything i have to export?
>
> Thanks
> shashidhar
>

> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <
> rahul.rec.dgp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thats a warn
>>
>> You might not have the users dir in hdfs.
>>
>>  try
>>

>> hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample.txt
>>
>> Rahul
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Shashidhar Rao <
>> raoshashidhar123@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After building MR2 , I am able to start all the daemons
>>> 27873 Jps
>>> 27096 NameNode
>>> 27169 DataNode
>>> 27326 NodeManager
>>> 27398 JobHistoryServer
>>> 13329
>>> 27257 ResourceManager

Re: MR2 submit job help

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Shashidhar,

<ra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Rahul, worked a bit but not fully
>
> Now when I run
> bin/hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample3.txt
>
> The warning still comes
> 13/06/01 22:43:31 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
> library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
>
> But, `sample.txt': No such file or directory error which came earlier do
> not came.
>
> Now when I run ,bin/hadoop hdfs -ls
>
> Error: Could not find or load main class hdfs
>
> I have exported the export HADOOP_HDFS_HOME=${HADOOP_HOME} where
> HADOOP_HOME is the root dir and  in this dir I have all the hdfs*.jars and
> also the bin dir is inside HADOOP_HOME .
>
> Anything i have to export?
>
> Thanks
> shashidhar
>

> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <
> rahul.rec.dgp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thats a warn
>>
>> You might not have the users dir in hdfs.
>>
>>  try
>>

>> hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample.txt
>>
>> Rahul
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Shashidhar Rao <
>> raoshashidhar123@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After building MR2 , I am able to start all the daemons
>>> 27873 Jps
>>> 27096 NameNode
>>> 27169 DataNode
>>> 27326 NodeManager
>>> 27398 JobHistoryServer
>>> 13329
>>> 27257 ResourceManager

Re: MR2 submit job help

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Shashidhar,

<ra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Rahul, worked a bit but not fully
>
> Now when I run
> bin/hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample3.txt
>
> The warning still comes
> 13/06/01 22:43:31 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
> library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
>
> But, `sample.txt': No such file or directory error which came earlier do
> not came.
>
> Now when I run ,bin/hadoop hdfs -ls
>
> Error: Could not find or load main class hdfs
>
> I have exported the export HADOOP_HDFS_HOME=${HADOOP_HOME} where
> HADOOP_HOME is the root dir and  in this dir I have all the hdfs*.jars and
> also the bin dir is inside HADOOP_HOME .
>
> Anything i have to export?
>
> Thanks
> shashidhar
>

> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <
> rahul.rec.dgp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thats a warn
>>
>> You might not have the users dir in hdfs.
>>
>>  try
>>

>> hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample.txt
>>
>> Rahul
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Shashidhar Rao <
>> raoshashidhar123@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After building MR2 , I am able to start all the daemons
>>> 27873 Jps
>>> 27096 NameNode
>>> 27169 DataNode
>>> 27326 NodeManager
>>> 27398 JobHistoryServer
>>> 13329
>>> 27257 ResourceManager

Re: MR2 submit job help

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Shashidhar,

<ra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Rahul, worked a bit but not fully
>
> Now when I run
> bin/hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample3.txt
>
> The warning still comes
> 13/06/01 22:43:31 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
> library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
>
> But, `sample.txt': No such file or directory error which came earlier do
> not came.
>
> Now when I run ,bin/hadoop hdfs -ls
>
> Error: Could not find or load main class hdfs
>
> I have exported the export HADOOP_HDFS_HOME=${HADOOP_HOME} where
> HADOOP_HOME is the root dir and  in this dir I have all the hdfs*.jars and
> also the bin dir is inside HADOOP_HOME .
>
> Anything i have to export?
>
> Thanks
> shashidhar
>

> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <
> rahul.rec.dgp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thats a warn
>>
>> You might not have the users dir in hdfs.
>>
>>  try
>>

>> hadoop fs -put sample.txt /sample.txt
>>
>> Rahul
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Shashidhar Rao <
>> raoshashidhar123@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After building MR2 , I am able to start all the daemons
>>> 27873 Jps
>>> 27096 NameNode
>>> 27169 DataNode
>>> 27326 NodeManager