Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Joanne Contact <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/26 23:02:46 UTC

suggest configuration for debugging spark streaming, kafka

Hi I have a Ubuntu box with 4GB memory and duo cores. Do you think it
won't be enough to run spark streaming and kafka? I try to install
standalone mode spark kafka so I can debug them in IDE. Do I need to
install hadoop?

Thanks!

Re: suggest configuration for debugging spark streaming, kafka

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Joanne Contact
<jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I have a Ubuntu box with 4GB memory and duo cores. Do you think it
> won't be enough to run spark streaming and kafka? I try to install
> standalone mode spark kafka so I can debug them in IDE. Do I need to
> install hadoop?

Hi,

It should be enough and you don't need Hadoop.

I described the process of setting up both in
http://blog.jaceklaskowski.pl/2015/07/20/real-time-data-processing-using-apache-kafka-and-spark-streaming.html.

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek

--