Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/01/21 14:08:57 UTC

Re: For Manual and Site DocBook editing: XXE has free edition again

Le 02/07/2016 � 10:29, Daniel Dekany a �crit :
> Very long ago I have started using XMLmind XML Editor (XXE) free
> edition for editing our Manual and other DocBook material (like our
> web site). Others were supposed to use that as well, though most of
> the editing was done by me anyway (originally I was the documentation
> guy here, and did very little coding). Unfortunately, one day they
> have stopped doing free releases, and I never figured out what to
> migrate to (esp. as I have a license anyway, and other FM developers
> will probably get on too if they ask for it). Anyway, I'm happy to
> notice that they have a free edition again, intended for open source
> projects and for personal use, and it doesn't even miss any features
> that we need: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/download.shtml

Interesting I'll try to have a look... So that's still what you use to generate the (very good!) documentation at http://freemarker.org/ ?

Jacques

Re: For Manual and Site DocBook editing: XXE has free edition again

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 21/01/2017 � 16:17, Daniel Dekany a �crit :
> Saturday, January 21, 2017, 3:08:57 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Le 02/07/2016 � 10:29, Daniel Dekany a �crit :
>>> Very long ago I have started using XMLmind XML Editor (XXE) free
>>> edition for editing our Manual and other DocBook material (like our
>>> web site). Others were supposed to use that as well, though most of
>>> the editing was done by me anyway (originally I was the documentation
>>> guy here, and did very little coding). Unfortunately, one day they
>>> have stopped doing free releases, and I never figured out what to
>>> migrate to (esp. as I have a license anyway, and other FM developers
>>> will probably get on too if they ask for it). Anyway, I'm happy to
>>> notice that they have a free edition again, intended for open source
>>> projects and for personal use, and it doesn't even miss any features
>>> that we need: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/download.shtml
>>>
>> Interesting I'll try to have a look... So that's still what you use
>> to generate the (very good!) documentation at http://freemarker.org/
> It's used for *editing* the Manual
> (http://freemarker.org/docs/index.html) and the "home page" (site)
> http://freemarker.org/. That's two DocBook XML-s. Docgen (our internal
> product) generates the HTML from it.
OK thanks, I did not know for Docgen

Jacques

Re: For Manual and Site DocBook editing: XXE has free edition again

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
Saturday, January 21, 2017, 3:08:57 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Le 02/07/2016 � 10:29, Daniel Dekany a �crit :
>> Very long ago I have started using XMLmind XML Editor (XXE) free
>> edition for editing our Manual and other DocBook material (like our
>> web site). Others were supposed to use that as well, though most of
>> the editing was done by me anyway (originally I was the documentation
>> guy here, and did very little coding). Unfortunately, one day they
>> have stopped doing free releases, and I never figured out what to
>> migrate to (esp. as I have a license anyway, and other FM developers
>> will probably get on too if they ask for it). Anyway, I'm happy to
>> notice that they have a free edition again, intended for open source
>> projects and for personal use, and it doesn't even miss any features
>> that we need: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/download.shtml
>>
> Interesting I'll try to have a look... So that's still what you use
> to generate the (very good!) documentation at http://freemarker.org/

It's used for *editing* the Manual
(http://freemarker.org/docs/index.html) and the "home page" (site)
http://freemarker.org/. That's two DocBook XML-s. Docgen (our internal