Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Linlin Du <li...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/16 14:41:48 UTC

about mapreduce intermediate files

Hi all,

I am using hadoop 2.0.0 CDH4.1.2

This is my settings in mapred-site.xml:

"mapreduce.cluster.local.dir" is set to "${hadoo.tmp.dir}/mapred/local"
${hadoo.tmp.dir} is not set explicitly and the default is /tmp. In /tmp/hadoop-my_account/, I created mapred/local.

"mapreduce.task.files.preserve.filepatten" is set to ".*"

I added the above same settings to yarn-site.xml. Then I restarted yarn.

But I cannot get any intermediate files in /tmp/hadoop-my_account. Anybody knows why? Do I have to restart hdfs as well? Thanks.

Linlin