Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "Peter A. Kirk" <pk...@alpha-solutions.dk> on 2006/05/01 12:52:49 UTC

Different versions

Hi

This isn't really an issue about log4net, but two programs which use
log4net, but I hope someone can offer some advice.

I have some classes which use log4net (ver 1.2.9.0). These classes run
inside a cms-framework - which apparently also uses log4net internally,
but
version 1.2.0.3. This causes problems with my classes - I get an error
like:
Could not load file or assembly log4net, version=1.2.9.0, culture=...
The
located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assemply
reference. (exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).

If I replace the cms's version of log4net.dll with the one I use, then
the
cms complains (same sort of error as above but with different dll
version).

How can I get the cms and my classes to use their own versions of
log4net.dll?

Thanks,
Peter