Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Mi...@iff.fraunhofer.de on 2004/12/06 12:38:35 UTC

OJB

Hello,
I'm new in JDO and OJB. I tried to configure the ojb Implementation with
Eclipse...but there where several errors. Do i need every jar file in the
lib-folder? Can you perhaps describe what i have to do to get ojb working?
I also tried to use the tutorial on your hp but i don't kno how to enhance
and to generate the schema... I have the following folders...

ojb --> project root in Eclipse
src --> here are my sources ( 2 classes: Product and Book...and one
test.class)
lib --> here are all jars from the the ojb framework..
target\classes --> here are the compiled class files and my *.jdo File
I have to use this folder structure it is defined in this way.
How can i now enhance the class files for example over command line or an
ant script laying in the root folder (ojb)?? I don't need to compile the
classes, because eclipse does this work for me. The same question comes on
generating the schema for the database...i use mysql and oracle as
dbms...perhaps is it possibler to send me a description on how i get the
classes enhanced and the database schema created...
Can you help me please?

Many thx...

Michael

Re: OJB

Posted by Mi...@iff.fraunhofer.de.
ok

have many thx

Michael

Re: OJB

Posted by Thomas Franke <fr...@softenergy.de>.
Michael.Sack@iff.fraunhofer.de wrote:

> Can you help me please?
You will find everything you need under:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/index.html

There are lots of things to learn before you find ojb easy to use.

regards

Thomas

Re: OJB

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.
Michael.Sack@iff.fraunhofer.de wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm new in JDO and OJB. I tried to configure the ojb Implementation with
>Eclipse...but there where several errors. Do i need every jar file in the
>lib-folder? Can you perhaps describe what i have to do to get ojb working?
>I also tried to use the tutorial on your hp but i don't kno how to enhance
>and to generate the schema... I have the following folders...

First, you should use the ojb-blank.jar available from the binary
download section. It contains a ready-to-start project (including
Eclipse project files) complete with all necessary libraries, XDoclet
OJB support and an Ant script.
Then, have a look into the Getting Started doc
(http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/getting-started.html) which explains the
various files in the ojb-blank. Also, the tutorial 5 deals with JDO, so
it should be worth a look.
Finally, in the build.xml of the ojb-blank project there is a sample
target for enhancing a class (from tutorial 5) for JDO. Due to the way
this is done, we cannot easily provide a generic Ant target for this, so
you have to adapt this target to your project.

Tom