Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Melanie Desaive <m....@heinlein-support.de> on 2019/11/01 08:33:08 UTC

Re: SystemVM Storage Tags not taken into account?

Good morning Andrija,

yes, I did restart mgmt. Documentation states that.

Interestingly the documentation in
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.11.1.0/adminguide/service_offerings.html#changing-the-default-system-offering-for-system-vms
only mentions only resetting the unique_names for Secondary Storage VM
and Console Proxy VM not for the Virtual Routers in the database.

Maybe the procedure for resetting the System Offering for Virtual
Routers differs from that for SSVM and CP and I missed some point?

Greetings,

Melanie

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
VRs are using Cloud.Com-SoftwareRouter as you can see surely.

Whatever offering you might be using, simply editing the tags in DB
(disk_offering table) should be enough.
I once had to wait for a few minutes (no mgmt restart is necessary in my
experience), but it definitively should work fine.
Which ACS version?

--

Andrija Panić

Re: SystemVM Storage Tags not taken into account?

Posted by Melanie Desaive <m....@heinlein-support.de>.
Thank you so much!

Worked perfectly for us. Used the procedure to reorganize our storages
and move quite a number of VRs to defined storage pools.

Posted by Richard Lawley <ri...@richardlawley.com>.

Posted by Melanie Desaive <m....@heinlein-support.de>.
Hi Richard,

Posted by Richard Lawley <ri...@richardlawley.com>.