Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stuart Roebuck <st...@adolos.co.uk> on 2001/02/17 12:22:15 UTC

[C2] Fault with current CVS? Missing sitemap.ComponentHolder.java

I decided it was about time I updated my copy of C2 to a newer CVS version and have been running into some problems.

Currently when I try to run the Cocoon examples I get a sitemap compile error.  Basically, the sitemap is compiled into code containing the java import statement:

	import org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ComponentHolder;

But this Class no longer exists in the repository, so I get the following bit of log:

> ERROR   12041   [cocoon  ] (Thread-9): Error compiling sitemap
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
> _sitemap_xmap:
> Line 40, column 7: Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ComponentHolder not found in
> import.
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.compile(JavaLanguage.java:206)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguage.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:132)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:200)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:170)

Have I just chosen a bad time to update, or this some oversight?

Stuart.

Re: [C2] Fault with current CVS? Missing sitemap.ComponentHolder.java

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
* Stuart Roebuck (stuart.roebuck@adolos.co.uk) wrote :
> But this Class no longer exists in the repository, so I get the following bit of log:
>
> > ERROR   12041   [cocoon  ] (Thread-9): Error compiling sitemap
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
> > _sitemap_xmap:
> > Line 40, column 7: Class org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ComponentHolder not found in
> > import.
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.compile(JavaLanguage.java:206)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguage.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:132)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:200)
> > 	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:170)
> > 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
> >
> Have I just chosen a bad time to update, or this some oversight?

Not sure. Have you deleted the already compiled sitemap from your
servlet engine's working directory? Hopefully that'll fix things. I
hardly dare update to find out now ;)

P.

Re: [C2] FIXED Fault with current CVS? Missing sitemap.ComponentHolder.java

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> OK.  Finally, I got it fixed.  ComponentHolder is no longer necessary.  I am not
> finished with my optimizations of the XSP system, however, you can rest in the
> fact that I will be concentrating on creating a usable system at this point.
>
> It should be safe to update from CVS again.

The end goal:  Sitemap Components are accessed the _same_ way as regular components.

In other words, for each main role (Generator, Transformer, etc.) you grab a
ComponentSelector.  That ComponentSelector will grab the specific instance.  This
will protect us from the current abuses of the ComponentManager that the Sitemap
puts us through.  It will be sooner than later, but exact timing is unknown.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.