Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Chris Machemer <MA...@wyeth.com> on 2003/01/10 16:09:16 UTC

New to the list...

I looked through the archives, and didn't see these items mentioned, so I apologize if they have been.

Is it possible to turn the display of gridlines off via POI?  I'm trying to build an Excel workbook from scratch, to display back to a browser.  The resulting workbook contains 5 spreadsheets, and all of them are supposed to have gridline display turned off, according to the users' requirements.

When merging cells in a rectangular region (meaning multiple rows horizontally as well as vertically), what cell do I place the content in that should ultimately appear in the merged region?

Setting vertical alignment of cells doesn't appear to have any effect.

Any guidance on these items would be greatly appreciated.  fyi:  I'm using POI 1.9 snapshot jar files from yesterday.

In general, I must say POI is great!  I love being able to build M$ files in java, instead of being locked into the Windows toolset.  Thank you!

-Chris

Re: New to the list...