Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by To...@agsea.com on 2003/01/13 22:36:53 UTC

Include directive and relative URL error - tomcat 4.1

I have a directory structure similar to

tomcat4
--webapps
----common
        header.jsp
        footer.jsp
----login
        login.jsp

In Tomcat 4.0x, I can include header.jsp and footer.jsp in login.jsp using
relative URL in the include directive,

<%@ include file="../common/header.jsp" %>

In every version of Tomcat 4.1, including 4.18, I get a Jasper error,
org.apache.jasper.JasperException ... File ../common/header.jsp not found.

Is there a server configuration change I've missed?

This error can be reproduced when trying to include a file from any context
other than the current context.
Both webapps are specified by a Context in server.xml have their
crossContext attribute to true.

I have written severl web apps on 4.0 and used this configuration because
it allows me to
keep things common to all web apps in a single place. Any suggestions?