Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/12 05:46:52 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Struts Action 1.3.1 Test Build available

The Struts Action 1.3.1 test build is now available to download from:

   http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/action/v1.3.1/

The documentation has been published here:
   http://struts.apache.org/struts-action/

And the release notes are available here:
   http://struts.apache.org/struts-action/userGuide/release-notes.html

No determination as to the quality ('alpha,' 'beta,' or 'GA') of
Struts Action 1.3.1 has been made, at this time it is simply a "test
build".  We welcome any comments you may have, and will take all
feedback into account if a quality vote is called for this build.

As a reminder, Struts Action Library 1.3_00, which contains the
version 1.3.0 test builds of all Struts Action sub-projects, can be
downloaded from this location:
   http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/action-lib/

Thank you,
--
Wendy Smoak

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts Action 1.3.1 Test Build available

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 3/11/06, Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> wrote:
>> Wendy Smoak wrote:
>>> As a reminder, Struts Action Library 1.3_00, which contains the
>>> version 1.3.0 test builds of all Struts Action sub-projects, can be
>>> downloaded from this location:
>>>    http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/action-lib/
>> Is that useful in this context, given that it contains 1.3.0? Shouldn't
>> a 1.3_01 be added?
>
> We aren't planning to do another Library distribution until all of the
> sub-projects make it to General Availability.

Ah, OK, that makes sense.

> I can leave that part out of the announcement to user@ if it's too
> confusing, but struts-action-1.3.1.jar alone isn't very useful-- if
> you're building an app you probably also want taglib, el, tiles... and
> the dependencies, which I neglected to mention are also in the Library
> distribution.

Either that, or clarify that Action 1.3.1 is not included in Library
1.3_00 and needs to be added. I'm less worried about how confused users
will be than how confused *we* will when they start asking questions /
reporting problems if they didn't deploy things right ;-)

L.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts Action 1.3.1 Test Build available

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/11/06, Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> wrote:
> Wendy Smoak wrote:
> > As a reminder, Struts Action Library 1.3_00, which contains the
> > version 1.3.0 test builds of all Struts Action sub-projects, can be
> > downloaded from this location:
> >    http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/action-lib/
>
> Is that useful in this context, given that it contains 1.3.0? Shouldn't
> a 1.3_01 be added?

We aren't planning to do another Library distribution until all of the
sub-projects make it to General Availability.

I can leave that part out of the announcement to user@ if it's too
confusing, but struts-action-1.3.1.jar alone isn't very useful-- if
you're building an app you probably also want taglib, el, tiles... and
the dependencies, which I neglected to mention are also in the Library
distribution.

Wendy

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts Action 1.3.1 Test Build available

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Ted,

http://struts.apache.org/struts-doc-1.2.x/userGuide/release-notes.html

This is what I'd like to continue seeing in the 1.3 release notes.

Paul

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Struts Action 1.3.1 Test Build available

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
The bugzilla list is carried on the release plan. Moving forward, we
might want to start adding links from the release notes to the release
plan.

-T.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com>.