Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Pierre Padovani <pi...@civitaslearning.com> on 2018/02/27 22:37:40 UTC

AtlasClientV2 and Spring boot

Has anyone managed to find a way to get the Atlas client to function within
a spring boot container that is running Jersey 2? I.e. Has someone gotten
it shaded in a way that works?

I've tried two approaches:

1) Updated the atlas client code to Jersey 2. The issue here is that for
large payloads you will randomly get a low level socket reset exception on
POST. We have not been able to track down exactly what the issue is.

2) Shade the Atlas client and relocate the jersey 1 code. Most of the calls
seem to work with this approach, except we cannot seem to create
relationships. In our case, it would be the old style of updating both
sides with a reference to each entity. The same test case passes if we use
our version of the client from #1 above.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Pierre Padovani