Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org> on 2003/04/09 16:01:39 UTC

Copyright

I noticed that the psp_parser.l file still has "Copyright (c) 2003
Sterling Hughes" - I don't know whether this is against any ASF policy,
and also if it can be changed just like that, or if the change of
copyright requires some legal paperwork - perhaps Greg can comment on
this.

I'm also thinking that the way to give credit where it is due would be
to change the COPYRIGHT so that it contains something like:

[ ... ]
 * This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
 * individuals on behalf of the Apache Software Foundation.  For more
 * information on the Apache Software Foundation, please see
 * <http://www.apache.org/>.
 *
 * Originally developed by Gregory Trubetskoy.
 * Python Server Pages originally developed by Sterling Hughes
 *
[ ... ]

Grisha

Re: Copyright

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@bumblebury.com>.
On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 10:01, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
> I noticed that the psp_parser.l file still has "Copyright (c) 2003
> Sterling Hughes" - I don't know whether this is against any ASF policy,
> and also if it can be changed just like that, or if the change of
> copyright requires some legal paperwork - perhaps Greg can comment on
> this.
>
> I'm also thinking that the way to give credit where it is due would be
> to change the COPYRIGHT so that it contains something like:
>
> [ ... ]
>  * This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
>  * individuals on behalf of the Apache Software Foundation.  For more
>  * information on the Apache Software Foundation, please see
>  * <http://www.apache.org/>.
>  *
>  * Originally developed by Gregory Trubetskoy.
>  * Python Server Pages originally developed by Sterling Hughes
>  *
> [ ... ]

Ohh, didn't even notice that (must have added it really late at night
:).  Fine with me.

-Sterling

--
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,
 then they fight you, then you win."