Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Narayanan Natarajan <na...@nonhp-sg.exch.hp.com> on 2001/06/26 08:17:26 UTC

To create tables and Generate Reports using Hypersoonic SQL>>>>>>>>>>>>

Websphere Portal Server - The next step after LoginHi,
Can you please help me out how to create tables using Hypersonic SQL and generate reports from that?
Write me in detail about the information to create the new database using Hypersonic SQL also.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Natarajan

RE: To create tables and Generate Reports using Hypersoonic SQL>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Websphere Portal Server - The next step after LoginThe Jetspeed distribution
includes a Hypersonic SQL database populated with some minimal rows for
users and related information.
You can run the Hypersonic SQL Administrator from /WEB-INF/db/manageDB.bat
 I will check in a UNIX version as soon as I test it on Linux)
>From there, its pretty easy. Just type your SQL and execute it.
As for report writers, sorry but I don't know of any open source report
writers.
There are  several commercial report writers available that work with any
JDBC-compliant driver, including Hypersonic SQL's driver.

As for general Hypersonic SQL questions, try here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb/
David Sean Taylor
taylor@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed