Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2006/09/13 15:21:53 UTC

micro-patch: add description to test-reports build target

Hi Solr gang,

Currently, build.xml says:

  <target name="test-reports">
    <!-- no description so it doesn't show up in -projecthelp ... yet -->

I think the test-reports target is worth a description:

  <target name="test-reports" description="generate HTML test reports">

(I found out when starting to write a patch for these reports ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: Re: micro-patch: add description to test-reports build target

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 9/13/06, Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:

>... ant -p -verbose..

Didin't know that, thanks. And thanks for the patch as well.

-Bertrand

Re: micro-patch: add description to test-reports build target

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
p.s. You can see all targets, even ones without descriptions by doing
this:

	ant -p -verbose

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Since I was already there, I went ahead and committed a description
: for test-reports, and javadoc.  But the "junit" target doesn't need a
: description since "test" is the main testing entry point.

actually, something i've been thinking would be nice is if there was a way
to run the tests and generate the test reports with one target -- even if
the tests fail.  (not currenlty possible because of the fast fail behavior
of ant)

Since "test" is currently just a shell arround "junit"  what if we replace
the dependency on the "junit" target with an <antcall>, preserve the
property of tests.failed, then <antcall> "test-reports" and fail based on
tests.failed ?

people who don't wnat test reports can just run "ant junit" (which we
would want to add a description to in this case)

That should all work fairly well right?

:
: 	Erik
:
:
: On Sep 13, 2006, at 9:24 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
:
: > On 9/13/06, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
: >
: >> ...I think the test-reports target is worth a description...
: >
: > Just found out that the junit target also has no description, so it
: > might be on purpose.
: >
: > Still, I think making people aware of automated tests is a Good Thing,
: > so I'd add descriptions to both.
: >
: > -Bertrand
:

-Hoss

Re: micro-patch: add description to test-reports build target

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Bertrand,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.