Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Tina <rj...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/30 10:59:14 UTC

What are Node Type of DOM used for?

Hi all,

I know that there are the following kind of node type in DOM. Could
any one tell me what does each node type stand for and how can I use
them?  For example, what is the difference from ENTITY_REFERENCE_NODE
and ENTITY_NODE ?  And how can I generate a DOCUMENT_FRAGMENT_NODE
type node or NOTATION_NODE ? I'm really new on XML, and hope I can get
some help on this famous list! Thanks!

    enum NodeType {
        ELEMENT_NODE                = 1,
        ATTRIBUTE_NODE              = 2,