Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "K. Moges" <ki...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/17 14:09:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Unsupported file format

Hello All,

I am using Apache Web Server and I want to access a file of the form I
attached (please find it attached) from the Web-server. It is a simple text
file. The file type is referred to as:

<grammar src="http://localhost:8080/wdnet" type="application/x-slf"/> in a
VoiceXML document from where the file is called.

However, the Web server complains about the file type. I tried to add the
type (i.e. "application/x-slf") to the mime.types file under conf directory,
but it didn't help. What do you suggest?

Part of the error message generated is: "The content-type obtained from the
resource owner and the content-type specified in the VoiceXML document
differ, there may be a misconfiguration on the side of the resource owner."

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

K. Moges

Re: [users@httpd] Unsupported file format

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thursday 17 August 2006 13:09, K. Moges wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am using Apache Web Server and I want to access a file of the form I
> attached (please find it attached) from the Web-server. It is a simple text
> file. The file type is referred to as:
>
> <grammar src="http://localhost:8080/wdnet" type="application/x-slf"/> in a
> VoiceXML document from where the file is called.

Erm, you know what localhost is?  And you might need the FAQ
entry about trailing slashes.

> However, the Web server complains about the file type.

The web server does no such thing.  Your client software may be
complaining of something, but you haven't given sufficient information
to say anything useful (and in any case, people on an apache list
won't know about your voicexml application, unless by coincidence).

> I tried to add the
> type (i.e. "application/x-slf") to the mime.types file under conf
> directory, but it didn't help. What do you suggest?

Try pointing lynx -dump -head at it.

--
Nick Kew