Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by adisesha <ad...@in.ness.com> on 2008/06/05 14:40:53 UTC

How to Debug Axis2 Engine

Hi,

How can I debug
axis2-1.4\modules\kernel\src\org\apache\axis2\transport\jms\JMSMessageReceiv
er.java (axis2 engine)?

http://wso2.org/library/225 will helps us to debug web service & not axis2
code. And which jar file has this class? I feel this is part of module which
cant be debugged?

Thanks in advance

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it.   It may contain confidential or legally privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by forwarding this email to MailAdmin@ness.com and then delete it from your system. Ness technologies is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.

Re: Axis2 Transports and support for administrative commands?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Frank, Tim wrote:
> I know you can retrieve wsdl for an Axis2 service by using the http
> transport and appending ?wsdl to the URL. Similarly you can retrieve
> schema by appending ?xsd and you can get a list of registered Axis
> services with the URL ending in services/.
>
> Do, or should, the other supplied Axis transport mechanisms (JMS, mail,
> etc) have the ability to retrieve WSDL, Schema or lists of registered
> Axis services like the HTTP transport does?

In my understanding, WSDL served for ?wsdl is a document, and not a
message. HTTP can handle documents, hence ?wsdl works over http. If the
other transports can handle documents, then they should be able to
server the ?wsdl request.
Alternatively, metadata exchange could be used for this, because then,
the WSDL could be communicated within a message.

Samisa...

> Tim Frank

Samisa Abeysinghe

http://people.apache.org/~samisa/

Axis2 Transports and support for administrative commands?

Re: How to Debug Axis2 Engine

Posted by Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

If you're running the Axis2 standalone server (i.e. by invoking the
AXIS2_HOME/bin/axis2server.sh) you can do this to debug axis2 code.
Edit the axis2server.sh file as follows.

Before the "java" invocation, declare an environment variable

export JAVA_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000"

Now insert $JAVA_OPTS to the execution line, as follows.

java $JAVA_OPTS -classpath "$AXIS2_CLASSPATH"
org.apache.axis2.transport.SimpleAxis2Server \
-repo "$AXIS2_HOME"/repository -conf "$AXIS2_HOME"/conf/axis2.xml $*

Now, when you invoke this script, execution will pause, listening at
port 8000.

"Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000"

Set your IDE to remote debug at 8000. You can of course change the debug
port number to a preferred one.

The *JMSMessageReceiver.java class in the axis2-kernel module and hence
in the axis2-kernel-1.4.jar file.

HTH.
Suran
*