Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/02 19:35:29 UTC

repo2 and repo1 the same? (Was Re: please tell me repository)

Wendy Smoak-3 wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:45 PM, miro <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> please tell me repository where I can find all dependency for an
>> application
>> using hibernate , spring, wicket jdk 1.6
>
> It depends on exactly what artifacts and version numbers you need, but
> most of that should be in the central repo which is searched by
> default -- http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/ .
>
> --
> Wendy

But the Sonatype Maven book[1] states that the Super POM has
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 by default, not http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/
.  Do these two URLs point to the same repository location, *or* are they
replicated and should be in sync but may not be for particular dependencies?
When I type in the first URL it redirects me to the second, but no such
redirection occurs when I add an extended path to a particular dependency to
the end of those URLs.

I'm confused over this because I'm presently having a problem with Axis2, it
appears that their artifacts are different between the two URLs[2], but I'm
unsure if those URL's are actually just pointing to the same repo, so
somehow the error might be on my end.

Thanks,
Glen

[1]