Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by si...@bt.com on 2007/11/16 12:01:57 UTC

[axis2] maven plugin for wsdl2java

Hi everybody,

I tried to find a suitable wsdl2java plugin for maven. The one linked in
the tools section at the axis2 website is dead.

Is there any new news about this plugin or a alternative? Or is an ant
task the only option to automate the code generation in the build
process?

Thanks,
Sietse

RE: [axis2] maven plugin for wsdl2java

Posted by David Wilkinson <dr...@iquo.co.uk>.
Hi Sietse

I had the same problem about a week ago and found that if you add the
repository

        <repository>
            <id>apache-repo</id>
            <name>apache repo</name>

<url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository</url>
            <layout>default</layout>
            <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
                <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
                <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
                <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
                <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
            </snapshots>
        </repository>

Then you will be able to use the wsdl2code plugin as follows

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
                <artifactId>axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.3</version>
            </plugin>

Hope this helps

Regads

David

I tried to find a suitable wsdl2java plugin for maven. The one linked in
the tools section at the axis2 website is dead.

Is there any new news about this plugin or a alternative? Or is an ant
task the only option to automate the code generation in the build
process?

Thanks,
Sietse

RE: [axis2] maven plugin for wsdl2java

Posted by si...@bt.com.
I also discovered where my wrong groupId came from.

It is stated wrong on the axis2 website:
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/tools/1_3/maven-plugins/maven-wsdl2code-plugi
n.html

In the xml snippet you see the groupId: 'org.apache.axis2.maven2' which
should be 'org.apache.axis2'

Is this message enough to let the maintainers change this, or is there
somewhere a reporting instrument?

Sietse

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.