Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org> on 2009/05/04 15:31:45 UTC

IvyDE: cannot resolve "+" dependency

Hi,

can it be that IvyDE cant handle a dependency like this one:

<dependency org="de.logentis" name="netversyseai-aswo" rev="2.0.+"
conf="default"/>

Attention when looking at the "rev" attribute. I used the "+" here
which seems to be a problem for IvyDE because it complains that it
cant find 2.0.+

This dependency works nicely with ivy in ANT and also with the IDEA
ivy plugin...

---
regards
Marc Logemann
http://www.logemann.org
http://www.logentis.de

Re: IvyDE: cannot resolve "+" dependency

Posted by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org>.
No, it doesnt work..... see the screenshot....

Re: IvyDE: cannot resolve "+" dependency

Posted by Garima Bathla <ga...@gmail.com>.
I am probably going to be funny, but if it helps - can you make sure you do
have module netversyseai-aswo with version 2.0.X ( X - a number) existing? I
wonder what should be the behaviour of Ivy when a particular dependency
couldn't be resolved because the specified revision of the module wasn't
available.

<dependency org="de.logentis" name="netversyseai-aswo" rev="2.0.+"
conf="default"/>
Also if you can try
rev="latest.[any status]" and see if it works? resolves at all?

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
On lundi 11 mai 2009 10:57:27 Marc Logemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IvyDE version: 2.0.0.beta1
> Ivy version: Ivy 2.0.0 - 20090108225011 :: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ ::
>
> What do you mean with "how the project is resolved?". This is our ANT
> task:
>
>      <target name="ivy.resolve" description="--> retrieve dependencies
> with ivy">
>          <ivy:retrieve sync="true" pattern="lib/[type]s/[artifact]-
> [revision].[ext]"/>
>      </target>
>
> Which works. And the plugin doesnt but what other infos can we provide?
>
> We use a quite standard settings file, which we pointed IvyDE to:
>
> <ivysettings>
>      <settings defaultResolver="public"/>
>      <resolvers>
>          <ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true"
>
> root="http://ivy.xxxxxxxx.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/public "/>
>      </resolvers>
> </ivysettings>
>
> Dependency:
>
> <dependency org="de.logentis" name="netversyseai-aswo" rev="2.0.+"
> conf="default"/>
>
> Thats all i can provide can i?

In IvyDE, do you use the "Resolve in workspace" feature ?
Has a retrieve after resolve been configured ?

You can open a jira issue if you want, so you will able to attach files as you
want. For instance having the logs from the IvyConsole can probably help.

Nicolas

Posted by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org>.
Hi,

IvyDE version: 2.0.0.beta1
Ivy version: Ivy 2.0.0 - 20090108225011 :: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ ::

What do you mean with "how the project is resolved?". This is our ANT
task:

     <target name="ivy.resolve" description="--> retrieve dependencies
with ivy">
         <ivy:retrieve sync="true" pattern="lib/[type]s/[artifact]-
[revision].[ext]"/>
     </target>

Which works. And the plugin doesnt but what other infos can we provide?

We use a quite standard settings file, which we pointed IvyDE to:

<ivysettings>
     <settings defaultResolver="public"/>
     <resolvers>
         <ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true"
                  root="http://ivy.xxxxxxxx.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/public
"/>
     </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

Dependency:

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org>.

Posted by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org>.
Need to check again on colleague PC because he reportet that. I am
using IDEA, so i cant test. Will report back.

---

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.