Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Software Dev <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/09 22:48:08 UTC

Highlighting bug with edgegrams

In 3.5.0 we have the following.

    <fieldType name="autocomplete" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="1"
maxGramSize="30"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

If we searched for "c" with highlighting enabled we would get back
results such as:

<em>c</em>dat
<em>c</em>rocdile
<em>c<e/m>ool beans

But in the latest Solr (4.7.1) we get the full words highlighted back.
Did something change from these versions with regards to highlighting?

Thanks

Found an old post but no info:

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-4-x-EdgeNGramFilterFactory-and-highlighting-td4114748.html