Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Prengaman.Karen" <Ka...@IGT.com> on 2001/12/04 01:49:13 UTC

mapping.getInput() and request scope beans

Hello,

I have a jsp that displays data and has a very simple one-button form with
one hidden field.  When this form is submitted, ExitAction is called.  In
ExitAction's perform method, if a certain condition occurs, I want to return
to the calling page.  I do this with the following code:

return new ActionForward(mapping.getInput());

My problem is that my jsp references a request-scope bean, and when
returning to it, the bean is out of scope.  If I put the bean in the session
the problem does not occur (i.e., the jsp can access it), but I would rather
leave the bean in the request.

Any thoughts on how I can get around this?  Do I have to specify a jsp file
in the input parameter in struts-config, or can I specify an action?

Thanks,

Karen