Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Łukasz Budnik <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/03 10:48:01 UTC

ODE API + ODE database

Hi All!

I have two simple questions.

First:

How can I access ODE internals?

For example I deploy a new BPEL process by copying *.bpel and *.wsdl
files to ODE's processes directory.

There is no way to determine whether deployment was successful or not.
Yes, I can check error log for errors, but that's not what I really want.

Is there some way to get the status of deployed processes in a
programmatically way?

Second:

How can I access ODE's Derby database?

best regards
Łukasz

Re: ODE API + ODE database

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Feb 3, 2008 1:48 AM, Łukasz Budnik <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I have two simple questions.
>
> First:
>
> How can I access ODE internals?
>
> For example I deploy a new BPEL process by copying *.bpel and *.wsdl
> files to ODE's processes directory.
>
> There is no way to determine whether deployment was successful or not.
> Yes, I can check error log for errors, but that's not what I really want.
>
> Is there some way to get the status of deployed processes in a
> programmatically way?

We have a web service to deploy bundles remotely which will produce an
exception if the deployment fails.  Check the following test to see how to
use the web service:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/tags/APACHE_ODE_1.1.1/axis2/src/test/java/org/apache/ode/axis2/management/DeploymentTest.java

> Second:
>
> How can I access ODE's Derby database?

The database is located under WEB-INF/jpadb and you could either use the
tools included with the Derby distribution or JDBC. We use it in an embedded
mode so you'll have to stop your server first as you can't have two VMs
connected at the same time. The JDBC url should look like
jdbc:derby:/path/to/db and the credentials are sa/null (no password).

Alternatively you could configure ODE to work with MySQL.

Cheers,
Matthieu