Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Firmin David <da...@capco.com> on 2001/03/08 17:45:20 UTC

Form validation errors displayed in the wrong frame

Hi all,
I'm encountering difficulties in controlling the frame in which form
validation errors are displayed.
Our webapp is entirely frame based, and the first page loaded is the
frameset.html page. One of the frames asks the user to log in, and if
they're successful, the first page of the app is displayed in the target
(main) frame. We decided to use the validation features of Struts to handle
the user login and password fields.
If the login is unsuccessful, however, the page is redisplayed (with
associated error messages) in the target frame instead of the original
frame.

(I saw something similar in the mail archive (
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta-apache.org/msg03104.html
<http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta-apache.org/msg03104.html>
- Feb 14 01 but don't think anything got publically resolved)

Has anyone come across a way to stop this happening?

Thanks and regards

David

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
The Capital Markets Company.

http://www.capco.com