Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by pu...@gmail.com on 2020/07/01 09:42:47 UTC

Cordova Slack Digest :: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 09:42:39 GMT

Cordova Slack Digest Wed, 01 Jul 2020 09:42:41 GMT
User count: 3980 https://cordova.slack.com/
Join the conversation at http://slack.cordova.io/

-------

Channel random (1)
=========
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:39:52 GMT
@harish959 says	 Hey Cordova Community šŸ‘‹

I wanted to give you a heads up on a virtual hackathon opportunity at Gitcoin!

<https://bit.ly/GitcoinPrivacyHack>

šŸ“… June 15 - July 6th
šŸ”’ Privacy Theme
šŸ’° $50,000 USD in Prizes
šŸ¤ Keep Network, MakerDAO, NEAR, Ocean Protocol, Status, Tor Project, and Zcash

P.S. I have a secret! šŸ˜ Some of the challenges donā€™t have submissions yet, so get coding!

-------

-------

Channel general (64)
=========
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 10:26:27 GMT
@jchevalier says	 Hello there. I'm a french computer scientist. Do have a question about AngularJS LTS from the cordova perspective.
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 10:27:54 GMT
@jchevalier says	 anyone interested in this topic ? šŸ™‚
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 10:30:38 GMT
@chadwick.blackford says	 <@U015RBBS93N> what u mean?)
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 15:52:27 GMT
@khatridevk says	 Anybody experienced this issue.... !
Have updated to xcode 11.. while doing Cordova build ios@4.3.1.. I get this error,
am I missing any important configuration for the latest xcode..
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 15:57:41 GMT
@norman137 says	 cordova-ios@4 doesn't support xcode 11.
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 15:58:10 GMT
@norman137 says	 I think you need at least 5.x... but formal support was added in 6.x
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 16:00:18 GMT
@chadwick.blackford says	 <@UUQS37S1L> Xcode 11 work fine with cordova-ios@5.1.1
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 16:13:07 GMT
@khatridevk says	 Thanks... I ll give it a try.
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 07:28:28 GMT
@ooithianhooi says	 I am currently working on wrapping an angular UI using Apache Cordova. The angular UI accesses an API by following a proxy to <http://localhost:8080|http://localhost:8080> which is hosting a server. The angular UI works fine as long as the server is up and running.

But when I wrap the Angular UI with cordova, it seems to not include the proxy configuration. Any idea on how to deal with this?

I have actually posted it on Stack Overflow.
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62411349/cordova-is-not-wrapping-angular-proxy-configuration|https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62411349/cordova-is-not-wrapping-angular-proxy-configuration>
Fri, 19 Jun 2020 08:42:10 GMT
@dan590 says	 Hi all! Just a general usage question in terms of different plugins on different branches. I have multiple branches with different set of Cordova plugins added to `package.json`  in them. However when I checkout a different branch `cordova plugin ls` still shows the same list plugins present. I want the packages built of different branches to strictly include only plugins included by that branch rather than all of them. Is there a process to manage that of which Iā€™m obviously not aware? Thanks in advance for any pointers!
Fri, 19 Jun 2020 18:24:03 GMT
@chadwick.blackford says	 Hi <@UH64E8HG9>, this happens because you donā€™t clean your cordova-app folders after changing branchesā€¦ you have always old state with last `npm install` . this happens because in normal cases `platforms` and `plugins` folders stay outside of SCMā€¦ write a script where you remove both folders and do `npm install &amp;&amp; cordova prepare`
Sat, 20 Jun 2020 16:57:29 GMT
@george.earp094 says	 Hi guys, need some help. I just changed my cordova/angularjs app to use wkwebview. Set the config.xml preferences correctly but I'm having a template loading error. That doesn't happen when I'm running the same app in Android, so I discarded a template path error. Did someone face this issue before and could shed some light on this ? Thanks in advance
Sat, 20 Jun 2020 17:12:42 GMT
@erikyuzwa says	 do you have a base href defined <@U015KE5EHQW>
Sat, 20 Jun 2020 19:34:04 GMT
@chadwick.blackford says	 hallo guys! I need to create an intro slider.. and I think, on native layer it will be more stable, quick and secure as using broken (cross-browser vs. cross-device) CSS voodoo-magicā€¦ my question is, is it possible to start some activities/pages on iOS and android on demand?
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 05:21:06 GMT
@khatridevk says	 I have one more problem in #ios13...I have done the setup to optimize the images in my ipad, it has all the photos coming from iCloud. If I attach such file which is not in the device, the app just gets crashed... No logs...and this works perfectly in iOS 10 and iOS 12
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:21:50 GMT
@ariel.magno says	 Hello, quick question on pushing updates to existing Android app. Do you need the original app signing key when uploading new version of an existing app? My app builds and runs successfully as an APK file but I got this error when trying to upload a new APK file on beta track.
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:48:51 GMT
@khatridevk says	 Consistent issue with Xcode 11, cordova-ios5.0.1, swift version 4..."
PrecompileSwiftBridgingHeader normal x86_64
Cordova/CDV.h not found
Failed to emit precompiled header

Stuck with upgrading to Xcode 11 from 2 days...have solved major issues, seeing this at last. Any suggestion !!
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 13:07:00 GMT
@norman137 says	 I'd try:
ā€¢ Upgrading to the latest version of 5.x, which is `5.1.1`, or better yet, upgrade to the latest major, `6.0.0`.
ā€¢ `cordova clean ios`
ā€¢ If all else fails.... `cordova platform remove ios` then `cordova platform add ios`
I don't know much about using swift, so there could also be some kind of incompatibility using swift version 4. Someone will have to comment on that.
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 13:07:00 GMT
@jcesarmobile says	 Try with cordova-ios 5.1.1 or 6.0.0
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 13:40:07 GMT
@khatridevk says	 Thanks... Will give it a try..
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 15:17:18 GMT
@george.earp094 says	 Anyone knows if there is a solution for loading images using the cdvfile:// urls in the new WKWebView ? I'm having trouble caching and loading images in my app using imgcache lib due to the "Failed to load resource : unsupported URL" error. Any workaround for this ?
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 16:57:00 GMT
@norman137 says	 sounds like an imgcache lib problem to me. afaik the cordova webview handles `cdvfile://` urls just fine.
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 16:57:52 GMT
@norman137 says	 That's what I would check first... disabling the cache library to see if the images starts appearing again
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 19:17:48 GMT
@khatridevk says	 Have updated to 5.1.1... but solved by Xcode preferences -&gt;location-&gt;derived data -&gt;build location -&gt; advanced -&gt; unique..

Still there is some issues related to linked libraries...

Undefined symbol for architecture x86_64
Apple mach-0 linker error..

Any experience of this on Xcode 11 !!
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 23:14:31 GMT
@dan634 says	 just a reminder, and it's been on the calendar, but I will be out of office tomorrow.  I'll deal with anything that comes up as soon as I can, but it won't be during the day
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 00:37:52 GMT
@norman137 says	 Sounds good <@U014Y1Z20BF> but I think you typed that in the wrong chat šŸ˜‰
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 02:34:08 GMT
@dan634 says	 haha, yes, yes i did
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 02:34:41 GMT
@dan634 says	 i mean, other than the calendar it's still true!
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 07:38:29 GMT
@jcesarmobile says	 FWIW, Iā€™m out too
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:22:13 GMT
@timbru says	 Ha, I was out, too. šŸ˜„
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 10:01:11 GMT
@sumeet.hindinkeri says	 Can anybody help me know about this?
<https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-camera/issues/615>
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 12:25:59 GMT
@norman137 says	 You need the `CameraUsesGeolocation` preference, but that's only supported/implemented on iOS. I'm not sure if there is a reason why it lacks support on Android. But generally if the image is geotagged, it will be located in the exif data. You could try a exif reading plugin to read the exif metadata, but you probably will have to handle cases for when existing images were not geo-tagged.
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 12:33:46 GMT
@sumeet.hindinkeri says	 <@UKKTWTW04> yes I have added preference  CameraUsesGeolocation but it returns me only file_URI. Also I used cordova-plugin-camera-with-exif but it works only for ios. For android it returns all gps values null.
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 12:47:55 GMT
@norman137 says	 That plugin appears to be a complete replacement for the stock `cordova-plugin-camera` app, they claim support for android, so if it isn't working, you should raise an issue with their plugin maintainers. Do note there is a difference between iOS and android here...

```
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 12:48:00 GMT
@norman137 says	 ```if (device.platform == 'iOS') {

  // notice the difference in the properties below and the format of the result when you run the app.
  // iOS and Android return the exif and gps differently and I am not converting or accounting for the Lat/Lon reference.
  // This is simply the raw data being returned.

  navigator.notification.alert('Lat: '+metadata.GPS.Latitude+' Lon: '+metadata.GPS.Longitude);
} else {
   navigator.notification.alert('Lat: '+metadata.gpsLatitude+' Lon: '+metadata.gpsLongitude);
}```
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 12:54:15 GMT
@sumeet.hindinkeri says	 So it is to conclude that current cordova-camera-plugin of ionic does not return exif data of an image?
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 12:58:08 GMT
@norman137 says	 The apache plugin does not have it implemented for android. `cordova-plugin-camera-with-exif` appears they do, according to their documentation. But if you're selecting an existing image, it may have been taken without it being geo tagged, therefore it won't have GPS data.

Now I think about it... since the app uses the camera intent, you may even need to enable "Location Tags" in the camera settings.
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 22:15:56 GMT
@goodwid says	 Hi folks,  I got this error message when trying to run an app on Android: `Uncaught Error: Module cordova-plugin-media-capture.CaptureAudioOptions does not exist.`
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 22:16:47 GMT
@goodwid says	 It works fine on iOS, but on android (both emulator and device) I get this error.  Iā€™ve seen it pop up a few times in support threads of issues but never wtih answer outside of ā€˜re-add your platformā€™ which had no effect.
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 05:50:18 GMT
@flpaukgames says	 Hi all
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 05:54:01 GMT
@flpaukgames says	 Our Company has a name including / (Slash) -     `&lt;name&gt;Company / company&lt;/name&gt;`     this gives error on builds as not allowed,  Is there a way to fix that?
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 10:06:11 GMT
@aquinn says	 Hi! Anyone have an idea? <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62572363/cordova-run-ios-emulator-opens-but-app-does-not-install-error-the-operation>
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 11:32:43 GMT
@chadwick.blackford says	 is it good?
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 11:48:36 GMT
@chadwick.blackford says	 Hallo guys! I need help, because this is last week before production releaseā€¦
<https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/cordova-plugin-touch-id/issues/95>
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 15:15:33 GMT
@chadwick.blackford says	 why sometimes plugins will be installed into `cordova.plugins` and sometimes into `dependencies` list in `package.json`? because if I start `npm-check -u -E` I canā€™t see updates for this pluginsā€¦ do you plan to move all plugins into `dependencies` ?
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 15:17:21 GMT
@dpogue says	 `dependencies` (or `devDependencies` in newer versions of Cordova) will store the version information for plugins
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 15:17:43 GMT
@dpogue says	 `cordova.plugins` stores configuration information for plugins (i.e., variables set at install time)
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 15:18:08 GMT
@dpogue says	 so `npm outdated` should be able to tell you if plugins are out of date
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 15:31:17 GMT
@chadwick.blackford says	 <@U069P9TN3> strangeā€¦ if I do from scratch, then it workā€¦ but if I do in my very old project, then this doesnā€™t work correct šŸ™‚  this week is not my week )
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:59:06 GMT
@khatridevk says	 `cordova-ios@5.1.1`  -&gt; `platform add ios`

gives me this error
`Saving ios@~5.1.1 into config.xml file ...`
`cordova-custom-config: An error occurred during parsing of [.././project.pbxproj]: {"message":"Expected \"/* Begin \", \"/* End \", \"\\\"\" or [A-Za-z0-9_.] but \"/\" found.","expected":[{"type":"literal","value":"/* Begin ","description":"\"/* Begin \""},{"type":"literal","value":"/* End ","description":"\"/* End \""},{"type":"literal","value":"\"","description":"\"\\\"\""},{"type":"class","value":"[A-Za-z0-9_.]","description":"[A-Za-z0-9_.]"}],"found":"/","offset":32029,"line":195,"column":3,"name":"SyntaxError"} - Maybe you forgot to remove/add the ios platform?`

This works fine, ( throws error but skips it to next run) if I run `cordova prepare`  before `platform add`
Any suggestions !!
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 13:11:04 GMT
@khatridevk says	 had to manually add the libs in build phases in XCode that resulted in duplicate libs error and this got resolved by setting 'No Common Block' in build phases to No.

But there must be something that I am missing !šŸ˜•
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 16:04:02 GMT
@khatridevk says	 Haven't got any solution to this issue yet...please suggest something on this. I have tried my luck with various versions of cordova iOS, Cordova cli, custom config..did not work.

Observation:
This starts appearing from cordova-ios@4.4.0
It doesn't throw in 4.3.1

What am I missing, is there any hook that will have to put for this !!
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 17:13:16 GMT
@khatridevk says	 Thanks....Have tried with latest custom config as well...
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 19:30:13 GMT
@tvanzanten says	 Hi everyone, I am in the process of upgrading my app to use Cordova iOS 6.1.0 and everything's working except this odd behavior from `jQuery.ajax()` which is not happening when running the app on Android. I am using v2.2.3 of jQuery and I have Cordova 9.0.0 (cordova-lib@9.0.1) installed. The app is running on iOS 13.5.0

The API call is being successfully made when the access token is not expired. When the access token has expired, our backend returns a 401 response with a `WWW-Authenticate` header.

```$.ajax({
  method: "GET",
  url: server + "/instructorCoordination/attendees",
  data: {
    sessionItemID: sessionId
  },
  beforeSend: function(xhr) {
    xhr.setRequestHeader('Authorization', 'Bearer ' + accessToken);
  }
})
.done(function(successResponse) {

})
.fail(function(result) {
  if (result.status === 401 &amp;&amp; result.getResponseHeader("WWW-Authenticate") ===
    'Bearer error="invalid_token"') {
    // Refresh the access token then retry this request
    var promise = UserService.refreshAccessToken();
    $.when(promise).then(function successCallback() {
      that.getAttendance(tryCount + 1);
    }, function errorCallback(result) {
      that.showAuthenticationError(result);
    });
    // Exit the fail callback function
    return;
  }

  var message = that.getMessage("getAttendanceErrorMessage", [sessionId, result.status]);
  that.showErrorAlert(message);
});```
In the code snippet above, `result.status === 401 &amp;&amp; result.getResponseHeader("WWW-Authenticate") === 'Bearer error="invalid_token"` should evaluate to `true`, but instead when I inspect in the Safari Web Inspector and place a breakpoint I can see that `result.getResponseHeader("WWW-Authenticate")` is returning `null`.

What's really weird is that on the Network tab of Safari it clearly shows that the WWW-Authenticate header is present and it is `Bearer error="invalid_token"`. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this?
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 19:36:55 GMT
@norman137 says	 I don't see anything wrong. `getResponseHeader` is suppose to be case insensitive, but maybe try `getResponseHeader('Www-Authenticate');`?
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 19:38:06 GMT
@tvanzanten says	 I had the same thought. That also returns `null`.
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 19:38:55 GMT
@norman137 says	 Are you sure that `result` xhr object is the one you're viewing in the network tab? I'd check the method/url
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 19:39:27 GMT
@norman137 says	 on the `result` object I mean
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 19:57:59 GMT
@tvanzanten says	 Yes, I'm sure. But I don't think there's a method or url property on the xhr I could use to show you. `result.method` and `result.url` are both `undefined`
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/XMLHttpRequest>
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 20:03:30 GMT
@tvanzanten says	 I went back and verified that the app was not behaving this way with Cordova iOS 5.0.1
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 20:34:40 GMT
@gh says	 We have a new Cordova build service in beta testing. Much like PhoneGap Build, you upload your app and download apk and ipa files. We're using the latest Cordova libraries, XCode and Android SDK, so the apps are good to go in app stores. We would love to have more beta testing at this point: <http://voltbuilder.com>. All comments appreciated!
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 04:36:47 GMT
@colin_testing says	 Hello everyone,
I have some questions for updating cordova-ios version, because of migrating UIWebView to WKWebView, I need to update my project current cordova-ios@3.8.0 to a newer version, but the remote js file(e.g. cordova.js, still the old version for cordova-ios@3.8.0)can't be update as some h5 pages of other companies are using them(js to native). any suggestions for which version of cordova-ios should i use to make all works fine?

by the way, I need minDeploymentTarget to iOS9.0, dose the cordova-ios@5.1.1 still support iOS9.0ļ¼ŸI see cordova-ios@5.1.1 has the minDeploymentTarget set to 10.0, but it actually not support iOS9.0 or not?

thanks so much ā¤ļø
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 09:38:52 GMT
@michael339 says	 Hi All, question. I am creating a new app based on a template. What is the best way to change version, description ?
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 09:39:32 GMT
@michael339 says	 documentation says use config (json) But there is no documentation how it works

-------

-------

-------

-------

Channel cordova-ios (48)
=========
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 11:24:26 GMT
@ariel.magno says	 Any idea how many days does it usually take for Apple to review your app to deploy to App store? My app is currently in Testflight for testing and am planning to deploy to production anytime soon but client asks how many days does it take to review? Btw this is just an update, not a new app.
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 18:18:08 GMT
@diegoesp says	 Guys, what is the best way to implement a "service" in iOS using Cordova? I need to listen for faye.js notifications in my app even when the app is closed. What should I use?
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 12:54:32 GMT
@akshitkrnagpal says	 Hey Everyone.
Does anyone know what media queries should be used in CSS for iPhone 6, 7, 8 and their Plus variations?

I found <http://stephen.io/mediaqueries/> online but doesn't seem to work exactly. iPhone 8 has 320px when I try `document.body.clientWidth` in emulator but blog says 375px.
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:04:34 GMT
@charpour says	 Hi, is there a way to read a `plugin.xml` preference variable from iOS plugin code?
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:18:05 GMT
@dpogue says	 kinda... `&lt;preference&gt;` means two totally different things based on whether it's in plugin.xml or config.xml. What you probably need to do is use `config-file` to add a preference to config.xml from your plugin
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:18:08 GMT
@dpogue says	 example: <https://github.com/crosswalk-project/cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview/blob/master/plugin.xml#L22-L35>
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 14:38:37 GMT
@charpour says	 thanks <@U069P9TN3>
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 16:11:37 GMT
@joel says	 Has anyone dealt with "Argument list too long" errors during the `PhaseScriptExecution` step of an iOS build?  The source is on line 65 of the script in `Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-&lt;app name&gt;/Pods-&lt;app name&gt;-resources.sh`.  On that line is this command:
```ibtool --reference-external-strings-file --errors --warnings --notices --minimum-deployment-target ${!DEPLOYMENT_TARGET_SETTING_NAME} --output-format human-readable-text --compile "${TARGET_BUILD_DIR}/${UNLOCALIZED_RESOURCES_FOLDER_PATH}/`basename \"$RESOURCE_PATH\" .storyboard`.storyboardc" "$RESOURCE_PATH" --sdk "${SDKROOT}" ${TARGET_DEVICE_ARGS}```
The expanded command doesn't seem like it would be especially long - there are no globs, for example.
Fri, 19 Jun 2020 08:47:23 GMT
@joshua says	 Does the *ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage* - New apps that use UIWebView  ā€¦ prevents uploading of apps now?
Fri, 19 Jun 2020 08:47:37 GMT
@joshua says	 So im really forced to use WKWebview?
Fri, 19 Jun 2020 08:54:27 GMT
@erisu says	 Yes, no more new UIWebView apps.
Fri, 19 Jun 2020 08:54:41 GMT
@erisu says	 <https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=12232019b>
Fri, 19 Jun 2020 08:56:19 GMT
@erisu says	 And about less than 6 months left for existing apps.
Fri, 19 Jun 2020 08:57:22 GMT
@joshua says	 I see. Thanks!
Sun, 21 Jun 2020 15:45:49 GMT
@drouard.noelie says	 Hey, I have seen that we have to use WKwebvew, but is it normal I can't make any server call at all? My app uses  a big Api and I may have understod that wkwbview prevents that. What is the use then?
Sun, 21 Jun 2020 15:49:49 GMT
@norman137 says	 The server needs to implements the CORS protocol
Sun, 21 Jun 2020 15:50:32 GMT
@norman137 says	 <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS>
Sun, 21 Jun 2020 15:51:55 GMT
@norman137 says	 An oversimplication would be that you need to:
Response to `OPTIONS` request, and respond with the appropriate `Access-Control-` headers.

But I highly read through the MDN docs for a greater understanding of the protocol.
Sun, 21 Jun 2020 15:54:30 GMT
@drouard.noelie says	 The problem it is it already. I'll show your link to my colleague , as he is the one taking care of the servers, but as far as I know it already implements the CORS protocol, thank you
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 02:41:45 GMT
@ariel.magno says	 Hello, need your quick input. Bare with me but its my first time to deploy iOS app. I did not receive any email from Apple regarding my latest update submission but I can see the button 'Release this version' . Does this mean my updated build will be released to the App store once I click the button ? I was expecting an email from the reviewer if it's been approved or not.
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 02:43:23 GMT
@dpogue says	 yes, it's been approved and is waiting for you to release it
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 11:08:10 GMT
@joshua says	 im having problems with 6.0.0. All my files are 404.
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 11:18:31 GMT
@magnars says	 Hello! I see that 6.1.0 is released. Very nice! We've been waiting for the splash screen fixes. šŸ™‚ When will this release be available on npm? I am currently getting `No matching version found for cordova-ios@6.1.0`
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 22:33:24 GMT
@jcesarmobile says	 Looks like cordova apps run fine on Xcode 12 (at least if running from Xcode itself, didnā€™t try from the cli, thatā€™s where the problems usually appear)
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 01:25:20 GMT
@joshua says	 Hello!
Iā€™ve set my content tag in config.xml to something like this `&lt;content src=ā€œtest/index.htmlā€ /&gt;`. Seem like cordova-ios@6.0.0 does not like it when the files are folders deeper from `www`?
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 01:26:21 GMT
@joshua says	 Is it just my config? btw just tested this on the simulator, have no access to a physical iOS device right now.
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 13:11:30 GMT
@george.earp094 says	 Guys, cdvfile: prefix is supported by cordova-ios@6.0.0, right ? Iā€™m getting unsupported URL for an img src that uses cdvfile. My img src looks like this:  <cdvfile://localhost/persistent/imgcache/47325244d4c040766e2a60a7bbd4be0e322c0170.jpg>.  I have the cdvfile: prefix in my default-src CSP tag and in my img-src as well and have the &lt;access origin-ā€œcdvfile://*ā€œ/&gt; set in config.xml. Did I forget something ?
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 13:22:50 GMT
@jose2013 says	 Hallo! Have anyone tried to build with Xcode 12 (beta)? Works? šŸ™‚
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 21:13:06 GMT
@slackbot says	 This message was deleted.
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 13:52:03 GMT
@chadwick.blackford says	 Hallo guys, anyone has a problem with touch-/face-id ? my app is crashed after I did changes for WkVebWie in cordova-ios@5.1.1.

&gt; I did downgrade from v6 because we should migrate many code-blocks with new changes )
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 19:00:35 GMT
@dpogue says	 <https://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2020/06/23/cordova-ios-6.1.0.html>
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 11:48:33 GMT
@chadwick.blackford says	 Hallo guys! I need help, because this is last week before production releaseā€¦
<https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/cordova-plugin-touch-id/issues/95>
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:41:44 GMT
@dpogue says	 <https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2020/10188/>
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 19:11:20 GMT
@dpogue says	 Biggest change is that ITP is enabled automatically in WKWebView
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:55:48 GMT
@dpogue says	 <https://twitter.com/johnwilander/status/1276253102597746688>
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 05:22:53 GMT
@g.asci says	 Hello everyone. Has this issue been fixed? <https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-statusbar/pull/157> On iOS 13, after taking photo with camera, the statusbar overlay the webview and it is not reversible by
```StatusBar.overlaysWebView(false);```
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 07:36:58 GMT
@niklasmerz says	 &gt; Biggest change is that ITP is enabled automatically in WKWebView
Yes I am working in it. Please fill out my survery šŸ™‚ <https://twitter.com/NiklasMaerz/status/1276417185204916225>

I have opened an issue to discuss it <https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/issues/922> and a Webkit bug <https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213510>
Sat, 27 Jun 2020 01:46:13 GMT
@dpogue says	 <https://webkit.org/blog/10882/app-bound-domains/>
Sat, 27 Jun 2020 01:46:50 GMT
@dpogue says	 &gt; Note that content supplied by the app through local files, data URLs, and HTML strings are always treated as app bound domains, and do not need to be listed.
Sat, 27 Jun 2020 01:48:29 GMT
@dpogue says	 This sounds like it maps pretty closely to what we use `&lt;allow-navigation&gt;` for in config.xml
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 01:06:15 GMT
@erikyuzwa says	 is there any docs I can update / make a PR for <@U069P9TN3> for the updated IOS platform release? Iā€™m looking at some older config.xml files I had that had the WKWebView options..are all those still needed?
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 01:06:42 GMT
@erikyuzwa says	 (or are they all defaults now)
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 01:07:21 GMT
@dpogue says	 The cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine is no longer required, and the WKWebViewOnly preference is no longer required (it's on by default)
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 01:11:47 GMT
@erikyuzwa says	 cool thanks
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 04:11:04 GMT
@g.asci says	 Is it required to upgrade to 6.1.0? Are there major changes?
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 04:11:58 GMT
@dpogue says	 6.1.0 fixes several issues in 6.0.0, so if you're using 6.0.0 I would definitely upgrade
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 04:12:56 GMT
@dpogue says	 It's you're still on 5.1.x, there's no requirement to upgrade, but we're not going to be fixing any bugs in 5.1.x and it will stop being support by the end of the year
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 04:14:40 GMT
@g.asci says	 Thank you for the information

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

Channel cordova-android (7)
=========
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 09:56:55 GMT
@ariel.magno says	 Sorry for the noob question. Is there some kind of Testflight area for Playstore? I would like my app to be available to limited users only in Playstore. Tried Googling but cant find a reference.
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 16:09:05 GMT
@dpogue says	 Just a note for whoever is working on Android Gradle stuff for 9.0.0: I tried cordova-android@master and it seems the new gradle version is causing all the library references to be ignored
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 16:09:43 GMT
@dpogue says	 I compared the build.gradle files in the project between 8.1.0 and master, and the only difference is the gradle version
Tue, 23 Jun 2020 19:16:25 GMT
@mattwenner1 says	 Iā€™m having the hardest time getting my icon set to work, I have the following in my config.xml, the image sizes are all correct.  The `cordova build android` seems to put the correct icons in `/platforms/android/app/src/main/res` .  Iā€™m missing the ā€œapp switcherā€ icon as well as the icon for push notifications.  When I go into the app info in the android settings, the icon is set there correctly.

Anything else I can check?
```        &lt;icon src="res/icon/android/ldpi.png" density="ldpi" /&gt;
        &lt;icon src="res/icon/android/mdpi.png" density="mdpi" /&gt;
        &lt;icon src="res/icon/android/hdpi.png" density="hdpi" /&gt;
        &lt;icon src="res/icon/android/xhdpi.png" density="xhdpi" /&gt;
        &lt;icon src="res/icon/android/xxhdpi.png" density="xxhdpi" /&gt;
        &lt;icon src="res/icon/android/xxxhdpi.png" density="xxxhdpi" /&gt;```
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 07:21:27 GMT
@ariel.magno says	 Is it still recommended to use crosswalk webview plugin? What are the things to consider if I decide to? I have small issues on rendering my web content on the default cordova webview. For Android 10 devices, it gives error saying I'm offline but Android 9 devices below, all is working good. I think this may be related to Android webview but am not quite sure.
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 22:04:22 GMT
@mattwenner1 says	 Does anyone know how to make the apps notification settings display the app name instead of the name of the plug in name?
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:28:22 GMT
@ulrich says	 Using 'AppendUserAgent' with a hosted app, the initial requests uses the default user agent value, and only once Cordova has started, does the user agent get the appended value.  Is there a way to get the initial requests to already have the modified user agent value?

-------

-------

-------

Channel plugins (1)
=========
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 08:49:46 GMT
@timotej.jakimovski says	 Is it possible to debug line by line the windows runtime component or Android.java custom plugins ?

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

Channel cordova-osx (1)
=========
Mon, 22 Jun 2020 22:05:31 GMT
@andy says	 option-clicking the main-view should give you the possibility to open devtools

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------

Channel brazil (2)
=========
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 16:33:17 GMT
@george.earp094 says	 Caros, minha startup estĆ” procurando gente com experiĆŖncia em cordova para alguns jobs. Podendo avanƧar para uma vaga na empresa. Se tiverem recomendaƧƵes enviem para mim via pm. šŸ‘šŸ¼
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 16:34:36 GMT
@george.earp094 says	 O stack Ć© Cordova/Angularjs/Firebase(Functions/Authentication/Firestore).

-------

-------