Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/01/07 13:17:10 UTC

[BUG] MailAction requires JDK 1.4

Hi,

the latest addition to the scratchpad, e.g. the MailAction
required a JDK 1.4 (because of StringBuffer.indexOf).
Please change this asap.

Thanks
Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG

Re: [BUG] MailAction requires JDK 1.4

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am using 1.4.1_01 and I cannot compile too. The error:
>
> javax.mail.internet does not exist

Well, you simply havn't put the mail.jar (V 1.3) into your lib/local.

Giacomo

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Hi:

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.
hi,

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the latest addition to the scratchpad, e.g. the MailAction
> required a JDK 1.4 (because of StringBuffer.indexOf).
> Please change this asap.

i have corrected the sources to be javac 1.3 compileable,
i have compiled it locally using JDK 1.3

hope it is fixed,
sorry for the inconvienience,

now compilation depends "only" on existance of mail.jar and activation.jar.

i'm waiting if it is okay to put mail.jar and activation.jar into
lib/optional due to license issues,

btw, mail.jar version 1.3 is required for compiling and running.

regards bernhard

RE: [BUG] MailAction requires JDK 1.4

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

I don't know - I gave up immediately :)

Carsten

Re: [BUG] MailAction requires JDK 1.4

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the latest addition to the scratchpad, e.g. the MailAction
> required a JDK 1.4 (because of StringBuffer.indexOf).
> Please change this asap.
okay, i will do.
i this the only JDK 1.4 dependency?

bernhard