Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2018/10/18 15:02:43 UTC

FOSDEM BoF - how do I apply for one?

Hi Mavens,
for Apache Camel I'd like to organize a BoF at FOSDEM 2019, I noticed
that Maven had one back in 2017[1], can anyone help me in
understanding how are BoF sessions organized?

I assume I need to apply for the venue but I'm not clear on how?

thanks :)

zoran

[1] https://archive.fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/apache_maven_jigsaw_bof/
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: FOSDEM BoF - how do I apply for one?

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Robert,
thanks for the reply! I also got the following from Gerry Demaret (at
info@fosdem.org):

"You can not request a slot in a BoF room at this point. We will announce
more information on BoF sessions closer to the event."

I feel it's a bit of a shame that you can't plan ahead on a BoF, but I
do understand that interest can vary and it's wasteful to reserve a
space for a BoF and have no one or just few people show up...

thanks :)

zoran

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi Zoran,