Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bmadigan <bm...@orbitz.com> on 2006/07/07 23:05:29 UTC

Run broker from source snapshot

The docs (http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/run-broker.html) say to use
maven to run the broker:

maven run:broker
or
maven server

Neither of which are valid tasks. The run:broker fails because there is no
'run' plugin, and 'server' is not a task.

How do you run the dev snapshots?

Re: Run broker from source snapshot

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes - that part of the documentation is out of date I'm afraid. You
can try the maven 2 plugin to run a broker (along with a producer and
consumer together with generating a performance report)...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html

On 7/13/06, bmadigan <bm...@orbitz.com> wrote:

> That is as I would expect. The broker has to be running, otherwise there is
> nothing to connect to. The producer and consumer are communicating through
> the broker, not directly to each other.
>
> Is the documentation for running snapshots way out of date or is there
> something I'm missing? There is no equivalant to 'ant --projecthelp' in
> maven, so I don't know how to list the available tasks. I'm not sold on
> maven yet.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Run broker from source snapshot

Posted by Jeff Wysong <je...@roundboxmedia.com>.
I used the ant tasks.  I have very little experience with maven.  The
example works if I do:

ant embedBroker

and then on another console window do:

ant producer
or
ant consumer

these work fine for me, if I run them in that order.  However, if I run
the producer task before I run the embedBroker task, then I get the same
connection refused connection error.  So now I'm thinking that something
is wrong with my broker configuration.  Any ideas???

Thanks,

-Jeff