Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by rolando58 <r....@aamgroup.com> on 2019/03/22 04:28:26 UTC

server info on desktop

Hi

We've been going along with Guac for a while now.

One of our users has asked if the Windows server information (like that
available for BGINFO) could be incuded in the Guac RDP session desktop image
to enable easy recognition of the server that they are logged into.

I attempted to use Bginfo, but it doesnt take.

Thanks

Re: server info on desktop

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 21, 2019, 21:54 rolando58 <r....@aamgroup.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We've been going along with Guac for a while now.
>
> One of our users has asked if the Windows server information (like that
> available for BGINFO) could be incuded in the Guac RDP session desktop
> image
> to enable easy recognition of the server that they are logged into.
>
> I attempted to use Bginfo, but it doesnt take.

I hadn't heard of "Bginfo" before, but it seems to be a tool for adding
server information to the desktop wallpaper. Have you tried setting the
connection parameter for enabling wallpaper?

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-perf-flags

There are also GPO settings on the RDP server side which may take
precedence.

- Mike