Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Sud <su...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/17 22:56:47 UTC

Connection leak (unclosed reader) leading to s3a timeout exceptions

HI Iceberg-dev's

I am investigating the connection leak issue we are seeing after upgrading
to the latest iceberg.
I have narrowed down investigation to following PR and testing fix now

https://github.com/apache/iceberg/commit/7060c928390c59e24dc207ec86f99132f6c1a828#diff-9726b2a5391d8755f6c5c849cddc478f

looks like method generateOffsetToStartPos  created new reader but its not
closed.

Has anyone seen a similar issue with the latest release?

I will submit PR once I am done with testing.

--
Thanks

Re: Connection leak (unclosed reader) leading to s3a timeout exceptions

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for the quick fix!

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: Connection leak (unclosed reader) leading to s3a timeout exceptions

Posted by Sud <su...@gmail.com>.